http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...543&highlight=
If you figure it out out, let me know...
I've been working on mine awhile, and can't get it to go.
I'm fairly new to knoppix, does anyone know how to get an Orinoco 802.11b/g Gold card Model 8470-wd to work? I tried running wlanconfig and it says 'no wireless network card found' help me please![]()
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...543&highlight=
If you figure it out out, let me know...
I've been working on mine awhile, and can't get it to go.
The gold B card seems to work fine for me, but I have not tried on of the G cards. Does it use the same chip?
thing is....its not just a b card....its their b/g combo card
OK if you are just trying to get the card to "work" i.e. surf the net you are going to want to take a look at Linuxant - however this may or may not get the card working for goodies like Kismet and AirSnort.
Take a look at a discussion and a link to Linuxant here.
--r00t
I had the same problem. what you need to do is download the madwifi drivers from sourceforge. then configure and install them and all that stuff. then once you have it installed, you have to type 'pump -i ath0' and it should start blinking, and working. I can surf the net, but cannot for the life of me get kismet working. eh half the battle is still a victory though.

Vintage KanguruDisk Portable External Drive Module with Pouch - Rare Retro Drive
$114.88
Ast Advantage Adventure 4050D Vintage Retro Computer Great Condition
$199.99
Vintage HP 21MX 1000 M-Series Minicomputer Chassis Backplane Parts AS-IS
$228.19
Vintage Intel iPDS-100 Personal Development System
$1499.99
Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95
• Authentic TUMI 96081D4 Black Leather Daypack Travel Laptop Backpack - Vintage
$175.00
Vintage Gray AC Power Cable Cord 3-Prong Plug to 3-Prong 3-Slot Connector
$50.00
VINTAGE AOPEN MODEL SPI-200 200W AT POWER SUPPLY WITH SWITCH DS-PS-8
$34.95
Vintage 1983 Commodore 1702 Color Video CRT Monitor. Tested.
$350.00
Corel Draw 3 Vintage Big Box Version Brand New Sealed CD-ROM Vintage Software
$49.00