KNOPPIX is not at fault here, XFree86 is. I think it works from the highest refresh rate provided by the video card (and not the display itself). There may be a cheatcode which will allow you to set a lower rate at the KNOPPIX boot prompt.
-SUO
Hi,
Knoppix 3.3 boots on my pc
but the refresh rate does not fit to my beamer (it flickers!)
then it starts the xsession with 1280x1024 -> my poor beamer rejects this
to see the xsession I enter at boot time
knoppix screen=1024x768 (I type it blind on the first flickering screen)
then xsession comes up
maybe, knoppix could be more conservative when trying the refresh rate at first boot screen
Bye
KNOPPIX is not at fault here, XFree86 is. I think it works from the highest refresh rate provided by the video card (and not the display itself). There may be a cheatcode which will allow you to set a lower rate at the KNOPPIX boot prompt.
-SUO

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR
$95.20
Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working
$149.99
Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5" 2x PERC 8, 2xCMC, I/O 1GB Pass Through, 4x PS
$578.08
Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB
$149.99
Datto S4P10 1U Blade Rack Server Intel Xeon D-2143IT 2.20GHz 48GB DDR4 4-Bay PSU
$197.76
Dell PowerEdge VRTX 2.5"x25 Bay Blade Enclosure 4x1600W + 4X M640 (4X Blades)
$1599.99
Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays
$799.99
Datto S3P6000 4x 3.5" 1U Blade Rack Server Intel Xeon D-1541 @2.10GHz 48GB DDR4
$179.95
AS IS READ DESCRIP. Supermicro SuperServer 6026TT-HIBQRF 12-Bay 4x X8DTT-HIBQF
$215.00
Lenovo ThinkSystem SN550 Blade | 7X16 | 01KP356 | Drives and RAM not included
$299.99