-
Trouble with AIM 1.5.286
I am new to Knoppix, and Linux for that matter, so pardon my ignorance on the subject... I'm learning. I am using the boot CD version of Knoppix and trying to install AIM. I found some installation instructions on the Forum already, but I've had little success following these steps. I would appreciate it if someone could give me a more specific installation guide or could point me in the right direction. Thanks in advance for you help.
-
Junior Member
registered user
use Gaim
You can just use the Gaim program and sign on just as you would with AIM. Gaim is compatible with AIM and works pretty much the same. Sign on with your AIM username and password and all your buddies will appear and such. I think the Gaim program is listed somewhere under the "Internet" directory on the Knoppix start menu. Hope this helps.
-
As a side note...
Just in case you didnt know, GAIM also supports most other major chat protocols, such as IRC, MSN, Yahoo, ICQ, etc. Just so you don't try anything crazy like attempting to run all of these with WINE 
Doug
Similar Threads
-
By nirav1983 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 9
Last Post: 10-12-2004, 06:05 PM
-
By Zidave in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-20-2004, 03:22 PM
-
By Enigma13 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-02-2003, 11:14 AM
-
By zjr in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 11
Last Post: 06-28-2003, 06:31 AM
-
By jimgeorge in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-08-2003, 07:03 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99

GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5
$189.99

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99

Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.90

ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio
$34.99

ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS WIFI II AM4 AMD B550 ATX AMD Motherboard
$95.99

ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU
$45.00

ASUS ROG STRIX X870E-E GAMING WIFI
$305.99