I've had great luck buying used desktops and laptops over at the Dell auction (www.dellauction.com). Dell auctions off machines that they've brought back from lease and have refurbished.
I'm hoping to put Knoppix Security Tools Distribution on a Laptop.
I have a limited budget and was wondering if anyone had suggestions for what type of power i would need in terms of CPU, RAM, etc. Or any good brands or models they might suggest. I was thinking I might buy an old IBM thinkpad. I need suggestions and any would be good.
I've had great luck buying used desktops and laptops over at the Dell auction (www.dellauction.com). Dell auctions off machines that they've brought back from lease and have refurbished.

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99
Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99
NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99
TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed
$199.99
10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99
TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597
$36.98
5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64
Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts
$69.00
Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks
$224.95
Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99