-
Dial up modem dials up then cuts off :?
I have knoppix installed to HDD and an external serial diamond supra 56e modem. I tried to use the Kppp thing to set up my connection using my normal password and phone number etc, but it dials the number, makes all the stupid noise then cuts off. It says 'kppp daemon died unexpectedly'
and exit code 6 i think or maybe 16 (sorry I cant be bothered rebooting into knoppix to find out.). Does anyone have any idea what to do about this or what the exit code means?
If it helps I can boot to knoppix try again and write down the error log details i think.
-
No worries I have it now. First problem was not being root so it wouldnt write to the log files or something, then I had teh DNS server addresss set mannualy which for some reason was wrong
Similar Threads
-
By db109 in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-24-2005, 07:01 PM
-
By tuner in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-29-2004, 11:42 AM
-
By Dr Snark in forum General Support
Replies: 8
Last Post: 02-12-2004, 12:48 AM
-
By zzymdaexi in forum Networking
Replies: 7
Last Post: 10-07-2003, 02:09 AM
-
By FarAway in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-14-2003, 10:29 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Apple Mac Pro 2019 1TB OEM SSD Kit-832GB +128GB - 656-0122/ 656-0121
$69.99

Samsung 1TB SSD BM91H 1TB (MZ-VMA1T00) Internal SSD M.2
$135.00

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1746.47

1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive
$86.95

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$545.25

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$330.73