I 'm wondering why you couldn't get the cdrom to boot, did you check your boot devices order in your bios.
I'm not sure why the disk didn't work.
I am trying to run Knoppix on an IBM PC Server 330. The server has dual processors and 4 SCSI harddrives configured as a RAID array using IBM serveRAID. I could not get the CD-ROM to boot the CD (which I think is a SCSI drive) so I created the boot floppy image and that gave me this message:
SYSLINUX 2.04 (Debian, 2003-06-06) Boot failed
On the bottom right of the screen it says "CP 7F".
I thought the boot disk might be bad so I redid the image on another disk and I was able to load Knoppix on another computer fine.
--
Any help would be appreciated
Blaine Hilton
I 'm wondering why you couldn't get the cdrom to boot, did you check your boot devices order in your bios.
I'm not sure why the disk didn't work.
I checked the BIOS and it would only allow me to choose between the disk drive and the hard drive. I can not choose the CDROM. There is another BIOS for the serveRAID or some SCSI one and I believe it showed that the CD Drive was on SCSI #7 and I was able to choose a SCSI start up device, which I set to 7 and still no luck.
Any suggestions?
1. DON'T use CDRW on SCSI cdroms. Use CDR.
2. Move the cdrom to device 0 and set the SCSI card to boot off device 0.
--Try that and see if anything changes.
Originally Posted by blainehilton
I am using a standard CDR.
So I next tried to change the boot order and SCIS ID#. Went through all 3 BIOSes and nothing let me do it that way so I opened up the case and found that the 4 harddrives are connected to a RAID adapter that plugs into the SCSI connector on the motherboard. The RAID adapter also has an extra connection that the CD-ROM is plugged into. The CD Rom didn't appear to have any jumpers on it so I tried plugging the CD ROM directly to the motherboard SCSI connector, ended up pulling on the wrong area and pulling the conector off of the cable. I will try to fix it and try again. My first experience with SCSI![]()
Knoppix works good on another IBM computer I have laying around with a standard IDE CD-ROM and no SCSI RAIDs.
Thanks for the hlep
I have been working with an IBM PC Server 330 8640 PBO I just got. I used the procedure on the URL http://www.tek-tips.com/gfaqs.cfm/le...d/513/fid/3049 to move the CDROM from the RAID controller to the external SCSI controller and was able to install RedHat 7.2 from CDROM succsessfully. Good luck.![]()

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99
1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$179.10
Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$99.00
Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB
$236.00
USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47
LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s
$39.80
USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$7.99
Wholesale Sale 10/ 30/ 50/100pcs 256MB Metal Swivel USB Flash Drive Memory Stick
$165.90
TESLA OEM Model S,3,X,Y USB Flash Drive for Dashcam 128GB READ DESCRIPTION BELOW
$22.00