-
Bootable SMB/LDAP server with USB memory card
I may be a little over-zealous here, possibly bordering on crazy, but after playing with Knoppix, using it for some disaster recovery, I got the idea of creating backend servers with it. Currently we are using RH7.3 for samba with replicated LDAP for authentication. I was thinking about condensing all that down to a CD, and have all the writable (ldap) areas be on the USB stick (samba shares would be there own HDD )
This would mean server swaps would be CD/USB swap and power-up.
Is this feasible? I do not need any X environment, CLI if fine, considering I domost things via SSH..
If there is a project ongoing like this, please let me know.
The downfall would be upgrades, wouldmean a rollout of a new CD image, etc...but is there anything else that I may be missing?
I have been browsing the remastering section as well as DSL .. just trying to get a feel for it.
Thanks
Similar Threads
-
By maxkekaxke in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-15-2005, 03:44 PM
-
By jpkennedy79 in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-19-2005, 02:49 PM
-
By suum_cuique in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-06-2004, 04:14 AM
-
By funkyrat in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-22-2004, 12:53 AM
-
By knoppixquake in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 63
Last Post: 02-19-2004, 07:59 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99

Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)
$300.00

Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ
$350.00

DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D
$49.29

Atari XE 130XE Computer NTSC with Power Supply Powers On Untested
$159.95

Atari 520ST Vintage Home Computer Keyboard Unit
$199.97

Gotek USB Floppy Emulator v3.44 OLED (no speaker) Amiga Atari IBM Roland AKAI
$44.00

SOLD AS IS Lot of 5.25" Floppy Disks w/ Games & Software? Commodore 64 Atari 800
$59.99

ATARI HDD Drive ACSI Emulator 520-1040ST/STF/STFM, STE, Mega STE, TT030 acsi2stm
$48.95

VTG Atari 1200XL Home Computer System 1200 XL ** Tested ** Parts or Repair
$323.75