Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: everything is in german

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    1

    everything is in german

    i downloaded knoppix but i cant read anything because everything is in german what can i do i only read english ireally would appreciate some help

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    32
    You chooose the wrong .iso,DE but you need EN.iso.

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Berlin, Germany
    Posts
    94
    Hi,

    you've got the german version ...DE.iso. At the boot prompt use
    knoppix lang=us
    The = is above the 0 (number zero) on the keyboard.

    Ciao Martin

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    1

    Me too, but I have the correct CD, I'm sure of it

    I burned KNOPPIX_V3.3-2003-11-19-EN.iso onto a CD.
    When I boot the the CD, all the text is in english, then if I press <ENTER>, the kernel-loading progress and hardware detection text is in english too. When XFree starts and I get the KDE desktop, everything is also in english.

    I formatted a partition (hda1 or /mnt/hda1) with Knoppix, so it could store my configuration there.

    But now if I boot the CD and enter
    knoppix myconfig=/mnt/hda1
    It loads the new config, and the keyboard is set to US, but all the menus are in german.

    Is there a way to switch the language? I can't really tell what menu option to pick...

Similar Threads

  1. GERMAN!!!
    By Krogen in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-26-2006, 08:22 AM
  2. Its all in GERMAN!!!
    By crispyleaf in forum Laptops
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-29-2005, 01:49 PM
  3. Hey, I know a little German . . .
    By j.drake in forum German Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-03-2005, 06:23 AM
  4. What Gives with the German?
    By metroidprime13 in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-08-2004, 10:14 PM
  5. EN iso but KDE in german ???
    By PeterFr in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-23-2003, 04:50 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


VTG Atari 400 Home Computer System ** Sold

VTG Atari 400 Home Computer System ** Sold "AS-IS" for Parts or Repair

$88.75



Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On) picture

Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)

$300.00



DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive  powers on Unit Only Boo G3D picture

DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D

$49.29



UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE picture

UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE

$34.25



Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working picture

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working

$99.99



SDrive Max Floppy Drive Emulator Atari 8-Bit 400/800/XL/XE Firmware 1.5 USB C R2 picture

SDrive Max Floppy Drive Emulator Atari 8-Bit 400/800/XL/XE Firmware 1.5 USB C R2

$70.00



Atari XE  130XE Computer NTSC with Power Supply Powers On Untested picture

Atari XE 130XE Computer NTSC with Power Supply Powers On Untested

$159.95



INFO/soft Character Generator Manual for Atari 3000/5000/7000 NTSC picture

INFO/soft Character Generator Manual for Atari 3000/5000/7000 NTSC

$40.00



Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ picture

Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ

$350.00



Atari 400 Computer System  console with Power Supply TESTED and Working picture

Atari 400 Computer System console with Power Supply TESTED and Working

$150.00