Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Internet connection Sharing

  1. #1

    Internet connection Sharing

    Hi, this is probally a easy one, but I was sitting here banging on my Dial up Internet connection and I started thinking. I don't have the proper hardware with me to try this right now, but I will on the next day I work, so any suggestions will be appriciated.

    At work we have a Token Ring LAN running with the internet connection being a fractured T1. The server/clients are Windows NT. I can boot Knoppix and have Internet access on one of the workstations. The workstation machine that runs Knoppix has USB ports. I want to install a USB 10/100 NIC and run a crossover cable to my laptop so that my Laptop has Internet access (because right now my laptop has 28.8 dial up).

    Can this be done? Easilly? Thanx for your help and advice.

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    17

    Re: Internet connection Sharing

    I think the "terminal server" option in Knoppix has DHCP and NAT.
    You could just start that, hook up your laptop to the Knoppix machine and see if it works (don't boot via PXE though).

    try: sudo /usr/sbin/knoppix-terminalserver

    I take it your desktop PC has 2 NIC's, 1 to your LAN (with an internet connection) and 1 to your laptop (crosscable); be sure you have a connection to your LAN first, and also be sure to enter the correct NIC when you start the Terminal Server.

Similar Threads

  1. Internet Connection Sharing...???
    By Jwizzman in forum Networking
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-12-2004, 09:52 PM
  2. Sharing Internet Connection with Knoppix
    By iisatrini in forum Networking
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-09-2004, 09:07 PM
  3. help for internet connection sharing???
    By captaincourage in forum Networking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-29-2003, 06:01 AM
  4. internet connection sharing with 2 network cards
    By tealeaf in forum Networking
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-04-2003, 09:56 AM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-11-2003, 09:33 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray picture

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray

$39.99



Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A

$64.00



(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5

(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HARD DRIVE

$199.99



DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600

$49.95



Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5

Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive

$14.99



Western Digital WD Blue 1TB SATA 3.5in 7200RPM 64MB Internal HDD WD10EZEX picture

Western Digital WD Blue 1TB SATA 3.5in 7200RPM 64MB Internal HDD WD10EZEX

$14.99



HGST HUS724040ALA640 HDD 4TB SATA 6Gb/s 7.5K 3.5

HGST HUS724040ALA640 HDD 4TB SATA 6Gb/s 7.5K 3.5" 0F19459 512 b/s

$78.00



Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE picture

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE

$68.99



Seagate ST12000NM0127 12TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5

Seagate ST12000NM0127 12TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive

$318.99



Western Digital 2TB WD20EFRX-68EUZN0 3.5

Western Digital 2TB WD20EFRX-68EUZN0 3.5" SATA Red NAS Hard Disk Drive

$69.99