-
Senior Member
registered user
Thank you, thank you, thank you, gentlemen! Finally, I got this mess to work. I did as Doug suggested. I think that after all the mods I made on the clients and server hdds, I must have screwed-up xhost.
Steps that worked:
(1)Server: I installed my server with knoppix-installer as Debian, addusers, and made all the server modifications listed in the links above. I then ran xhost +eachclientip but I found that adding the ips to /etc/hosts on the server works best!
(2)Client: Then I have my clients boot the knoppix cd with the boot string: knoppix 2. Then my clients run X -broadcast (I did not need :1) or X -query 10.10.2.5. And all is finally as it should be in the Land of Linux!
Minor problems left to resolve:
(1)Client: What I need to do is have my knoppix-installer as knoppix clients boot up to runlevel 2 so I don't need to burn so many cds....
(2)Server: The clients and the server resolution are both 800x600 only. If I boot the CD with the boot string: vga=normal screen=1024x768 xvrefresh=60 which used to work, I get a video modes on server and client mismatch error. I need to figure out how to get my i810 intel video onboard chip to give me its other mode, namely 1024x768 on the server. I got this res on the clients (when using ssh and fish instead of X -query) by booting a CD with the given boot string and copying the XF86Config-4 file from the ramdisk to my hdinstall. However, this only worked on knoppix-installer as knoppix, not knoppix-installer as debian. I had to knoppix-installer as debian my server to addusers and get the login window for my users....
Thanx,
Similar Threads
-
By lewisp in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-22-2005, 02:22 PM
-
By dougvega in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-10-2005, 10:01 PM
-
By Merdock in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-27-2004, 06:00 AM
-
By dougvega in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-13-2004, 11:33 PM
-
By mshanmuga in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-28-2004, 08:41 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

SanDisk Ultra Luxe USB 3.1 Flash Drive – 5 Pack | Premium Metal USB Flash Drives
$59.99

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$269.10

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB
$246.00

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47

LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s
$39.80

SAMSUNG FIT PLUS 128GB USB 3.1 Flash Drive - fully working & authentic
$24.95

Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive
$35.00