-
Difficulty logging into a server via XDMCP
Knoppix is the X client, I am attempting to log into my main server from a PC running Knoppix 3.3 as a X client/terminal.
Normally the PC I use has WInME and I log into the server using Xmanager without problem. Xmanager is a reasonable package however I suspect is is throttled in the trial version I use.
As you can appreciate I now want to log in from the same PC but now running Knoppix. I am hoping for 100% X performance from Knoppix.
If I open a terminal window and enter: chooser BROADCAST
the chooser window appears with my server listed. Selecting the server and accepting results in the chooser closing and a message 'Cannot create response socket' being displayed.
Monitoring with Etherial (thanks knoppix) shows the broadcast and response from the server but nothing after selecting and accepting the server from the chooser window.
It seems that the Knoppix PC is unable to open an Xterminal session but why?
I dobt it is a problem with the server firewall since Xmanager under Windows works fine.
What am I missing?
If I need to change a config file how do I do this when they are RO on the CD?
TIA
Doug[/u][/b]
Similar Threads
-
By lewisp in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-22-2005, 02:22 PM
-
By dougvega in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-10-2005, 10:01 PM
-
By Merdock in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-27-2004, 06:00 AM
-
By dougvega in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-13-2004, 11:33 PM
-
By mshanmuga in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-28-2004, 08:41 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡
$109.99

Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P
$149.99

Juniper EX4400-EM-4S expansion modules
$599.00

Juniper Networks EX3400-24T 24-Port Ethernet Switch w/Power Cord
$174.99

Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply
$7299.99

Juniper Networks AP33-US Indoor Wifi6 (US Version) 5GHz: 4x4:4; 2.99
$24.99

Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p Discounted Cosmetic
$79.86

Juniper QFX5120-48Y-AFO 48 x 1/10/25GB SFP28 + 8 x 40/100GB Switch w/Dual AC
$8999.99

Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch
$245.00

Juniper Networks Mist Wireless Access Points, Model AP45
$59.99