-
Senior Member
registered user
Here Here GaryNg,
MS has always either swallowed a, viable, technology or somehow gotten the technology locked up in legal court cases, till the company could no longer survive.
Case in point: Stacker had a great memory management/compression technology - when it got stronger than what came with Windows, they attacked Stacker with court costs - stating that "Stacker" stole the code from MS. Now, I think deep inside MS' compression and memory management routines is actually code from Stacker. From what I knew, MS Windows even went so far as to not boot, install, or otherwise freeze, if it found that Stacker was being used in conjunction with MS products.
That, and many other reasons, is why I see the "openness" of Knoppix, and being able to walk away from all the MS crude that is going on. I have many products that come from MS, from the OS, to Keyboards, to Mice, development software, even down to the Internet and E-Mail I use. I am more than happy to simply walk away from all this "monopoly", as long as 1) Knoppix can support all the hardware/software I use, and 2) Knoppix can prove it is more stable and have less "leaks" than MS has.
I am still looking into the (1) part above, but I am possitive that Knoppix has number (2) down pat. From just using the Live CD of Knoppix, I am sure as Bill Gates has more money than anyone could ever spend, that Knoppix is far more stable and has less of the "security leaks" than Windows has ever wished it had.
As far as the "security" issues of MS, they have fixed most of the problems in Windows95 and Windows98, but have restarted with all the problems in Win2k, WinXP, WinME, etc... So, it appears that every time MS decides to release a new OS, they forget all the things they learned in the "security" realm from all the previous OS' they have released.
From what I see, MS seems to think, "hey, what the heck, we got'em, and we can't loose them" - I think not - I running to Knoppix !
Cuddles
Similar Threads
-
By benjamin1254 in forum The Lounge
Replies: 29
Last Post: 07-02-2005, 03:18 PM
-
By realpc in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-15-2005, 04:55 PM
-
By istoleapig in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-19-2005, 09:28 AM
-
By ziggyrafiq in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-12-2004, 10:40 PM
-
By Lame_Duck in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-08-2004, 05:19 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

INTEL XEON E5-2680V4 SR2N7 2.40GHZ CPU
$11.00

Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$239.99

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA
$350.48

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS
$84.49

Intel Xeon E5-2690 v4 SR2N2 14 Core 2.6GHz 35MB LGA2011-3 CPU *km
$15.99

Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 SR153 3.3GHz Quad Core LGA 1150 CPU Processor
$14.49

Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor
$50.00

Dell Precision T5820 950W Workstation 4.00GHz W-2125 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$144.98