-
Re: captive ntfs

Originally Posted by
guillaumecote
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I can verify that captive-ntfs DOES work in Knoppix. I installed this from my chroot'ed source, did this command
Code:
/usr/share/lufs/prepmod
The kernel source dir MUST be present. I used the tar ball version rather than deb's. You must also supply a copy of ntfs.sys and ntoskrnl.exe. The captive-ntfs install script will scan your HD's for it or you can just copy them manually to /var/lib/captive.
I then compacted and made the ISO. Booted to it and mounted a NTFS partition. FULL read AND write. Knoppix recognizes the partition at boot and makes a /mnt/hdXX dir for it but you must use the mount syntax from the command line like so:
Code:
mount -t captive-ntfs /dev/hdXX /mnt/hdXX
rather than just the normal else it gets mounted by the kernel ntfs module.
Klaus will have to come up with a clever way to obtain these two files at boot, I don't think it's legal for him to send them with the distro.
I do note that performance is very slow. I am remastering under VMWare and found it way faster just to FTP the file from the Knoppix session to my host XP session. Performance may be better in "real" life.
Similar Threads
-
By harry66 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-30-2005, 05:03 PM
-
By itaydagani in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-02-2005, 12:53 AM
-
By masimar in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-04-2004, 04:13 AM
-
By Sgeo in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-28-2004, 10:16 PM
-
By terminator in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-12-2004, 10:52 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$545.25

Seagate Desktop 1TB/1000GB SATA 3.5" HDD Hard Drive
$29.99

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1746.47

1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive
$86.95

AYANEO AM01 AMD Ryzen 7 5800U Gaming Mini PC Retro Classic DP DDR4 32GB 1Tb
$400.00

Dell XPS Series Desktop PC Tower, Black, 32GB RAM, 1TB HD, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7
$600.00