I had a 256M swap partition on /dev/hda1, but wanted to change it to 1G so that I can start working with remastering Knoppix.
I used cfdisk to blow away the old partition, created a new 1G (type 82) swap partition, ran "mkswap /dev/hda1" and then "swapon /dev/hda1". All worked well. The free command showed swap is active and in use.
However, now when I reboot using LiveCD, I always have to do a swapon command to get swap to start up.
Any suggestions on how to get this to be automatically started when booting Knoppix?
Thanks in advance,
Paul

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1299.99
Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00
IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$179.99
IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99
IBM 02YC027 Seagate ST2400MM0129 2.4TB 10K SAS 12Gb/s 2.5" Server Hard Drive
$200.00
IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$108.92
IBM Power S824 12Bay 4U Server - 2x Power8 CPU, 512GB DDR4, MT: 8286-42A
$1731.00
IBM 4262 SYSTEM x3200 Tower - HDD Wiped, NO OS
$80.00
Rare Vintage IBM 93ZZ PowerPC Server Board - MCM Ceramic CPU - 40N1844 - 1.1 lbs
$49.99
IBM Server Rackmount Sliding Rail Kit ( Part Numbers: 00D9375 / 00D9374 )
$24.99