-
Junior Member
registered user
I'm using RealTek8139
It works fine under Knoppix - all versions. As well as with other famous Live distros too - SlackLive, SuseLive, MandrakeMove...
I've been using it for a long time with RedHat8 and a little with RedHat9...
Although I've heard not very good things about it...
The only problem I can describe is that sometimes when restarting Windouz/LINUX it seems like the card doesn't 'flush' well and is not working. Means I can't reboot from LINUX to Windouz (or reverse), but only shutdown and switch on again...
I'm not sure whether the problem is in RealTek, coz I have a bad scanner -
Umax
( And htere is a conflict sometimes...
I'm not sure, the problem may be in the MainBoard too... (VIA)...
Altoghether: A good and cheap NIC
No problems under Knoppix - all versions, installed or not.
Similar Threads
-
By turbonow in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-19-2004, 07:10 PM
-
By brycen in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-26-2004, 08:39 AM
-
By coindood in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-16-2004, 11:10 PM
-
By tarpon in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-20-2003, 04:50 PM
-
By MeglaW in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-04-2003, 04:29 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

MOS MCS 6502 Ceramic DIP Vintage CPU/Processor Chip ALL LEGS INTACT (BO)
$2500.00

Vintage AutoCAD 2000i Upgrade Boxed CD & Key Code
$144.45

Vintage Ampex Chip Boards Memory Processor Other
$299.99

LOT of 4 Intel/AMD R80188 80188 R80186 80186 vintage CPU GOLD/Ceramic
$59.99

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95

Vintage Y2K Heritage Brown Leather 17â Laptop Briefcase Business Bag With Strap
$49.95

Vintage UMC GMB-386UMC V0.1 386DX ISA Motherboard w/ AMIBIOS AA2828485
$68.00

Intel, AMD, WE,ATT, M, CCCP,+ICs, Shadow box Vintage For The Collector. See Info
$250.00

Vintage Core CL9 Master Universal Remote Control Steve Wozniak (Apple) READ
$988.88

Vintage 90s PC Intel Pentium, cards, no HDD
$80.00