Realtek is a brand, so youd'd have to specify the model. The very common
8039/8049 are no problem - they're a PCI variant of the NE2000 if I am not
mistaken.
Hello
I would like to know if knoppix will have support for a Realtek NIC, well windows picks it up as a realtek anyway....
I haven't tried it on my system yet so I would just like to know if anyone is running the same realtek nic with knoppix?
Tx SS
Realtek is a brand, so youd'd have to specify the model. The very common
8039/8049 are no problem - they're a PCI variant of the NE2000 if I am not
mistaken.
Maybe helpful - search for realtek on
http://www.osnews.com/story.php?news_id=5286&page=2
hmmmmph....... im using knoppix straight off cd no hard drive and it cant find my nic should i get drivers
It works fine under Knoppix - all versions. As well as with other famous Live distros too - SlackLive, SuseLive, MandrakeMove...
I've been using it for a long time with RedHat8 and a little with RedHat9...
Although I've heard not very good things about it...
The only problem I can describe is that sometimes when restarting Windouz/LINUX it seems like the card doesn't 'flush' well and is not working. Means I can't reboot from LINUX to Windouz (or reverse), but only shutdown and switch on again...
I'm not sure whether the problem is in RealTek, coz I have a bad scanner -
Umax( And htere is a conflict sometimes...
I'm not sure, the problem may be in the MainBoard too... (VIA)...
Altoghether: A good and cheap NICNo problems under Knoppix - all versions, installed or not.

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$115.00
BOSGAME E4 Air Mini PC, AMD Ryzen 5 3500U 8GB DDR4 256GB SATA SSD
$169.99
OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC
$175.00
Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive â Latest September 2026
$12.99
TerraMaster F2-210 2-Bay NAS Server Cloud Storage
$199.95
Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS â Box + PSU
$649.00
All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive
$15.95
ZimaBoard 2 1664 Home Server 16GB
$350.00
Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Enterprise 40 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License FPP
$299.00
SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA
$284.99