Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: NIC Driver (Realtek)

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    3

    NIC Driver (Realtek)

    Hello

    I would like to know if knoppix will have support for a Realtek NIC, well windows picks it up as a realtek anyway....

    I haven't tried it on my system yet so I would just like to know if anyone is running the same realtek nic with knoppix?

    Tx SS

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    555
    Realtek is a brand, so youd'd have to specify the model. The very common
    8039/8049 are no problem - they're a PCI variant of the NE2000 if I am not
    mistaken.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    2
    Maybe helpful - search for realtek on
    http://www.osnews.com/story.php?news_id=5286&page=2

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    1
    hmmmmph....... im using knoppix straight off cd no hard drive and it cant find my nic should i get drivers

  5. #5
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    12

    I'm using RealTek8139

    It works fine under Knoppix - all versions. As well as with other famous Live distros too - SlackLive, SuseLive, MandrakeMove...
    I've been using it for a long time with RedHat8 and a little with RedHat9...

    Although I've heard not very good things about it...
    The only problem I can describe is that sometimes when restarting Windouz/LINUX it seems like the card doesn't 'flush' well and is not working. Means I can't reboot from LINUX to Windouz (or reverse), but only shutdown and switch on again...
    I'm not sure whether the problem is in RealTek, coz I have a bad scanner -
    Umax ( And htere is a conflict sometimes...
    I'm not sure, the problem may be in the MainBoard too... (VIA)...

    Altoghether: A good and cheap NIC No problems under Knoppix - all versions, installed or not.

Similar Threads

  1. Realtek cards
    By turbonow in forum Networking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-19-2004, 07:10 PM
  2. RealTek 8139 ethernet driver error / Knoppix Linux 3.3
    By brycen in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-26-2004, 08:39 AM
  3. Realtek 8180 Driver install
    By coindood in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-16-2004, 11:10 PM
  4. RealTEK RTL8101L driver, any fixes for?
    By tarpon in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-20-2003, 04:50 PM
  5. [driver probbs] - Intel PRO/wireless 2110 pcmcia driver.
    By MeglaW in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-04-2003, 04:29 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot picture

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot

$549.00



Samsung 2.5

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot

$100.00



Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -

$39.99



Netac 120GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Internal SSD 2.5'' SATAIII 6Gb/s Solid State Drive lot picture

Netac 120GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Internal SSD 2.5'' SATAIII 6Gb/s Solid State Drive lot

$119.99



Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5

Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5" SATA III SSD - Preowned

$29.00



Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1

$99.99



2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON picture

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON

$28.00



Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive picture

Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive

$42.99



Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive - Black...

$30.00



Intel Solid-State Drive DC S3500 Series 240GB Internal 2.5

Intel Solid-State Drive DC S3500 Series 240GB Internal 2.5" (SSDSC2BB240G4P) SSD

$29.99