Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: No KDE

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Posts
    163

    No KDE

    What's the most intuitive non-KDE text editor? I'm looking for something like the MS-DOS edit application with a GUI.
    How do I bypass the login prompt when starting Knoppix directly into Linux (no KDE)?
    How do I rename the Samba network name?

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479

    Re: No KDE

    Quote Originally Posted by sn0wflake
    What's the most intuitive non-KDE text editor? I'm looking for something like the MS-DOS edit application with a GUI.
    How do I bypass the login prompt when starting Knoppix directly into Linux (no KDE)?
    How do I rename the Samba network name?
    For number 1 try mc at the command line for number 2 when you boot use knoppix 2 to boot to the command line for number 3 don't know I never use windows but there have been many post here on samba I suggest a search of the site.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    California
    Posts
    18
    One of the more intuitive command line editors I've ever worked with is pico or nano. It doesn't have a whole lot of power. But it get's the job done.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Western Digital WD Blue 3D NAND 500GB 2.5in SATA III Internal SSD WDS500G2B0A picture

Western Digital WD Blue 3D NAND 500GB 2.5in SATA III Internal SSD WDS500G2B0A

$44.99



SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL STATE DRIVE picture

SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL STATE DRIVE

$214.99



M2 2280 PCIe 4.0 solid-state drive high-speed storage device 1080P RO 2TB NGFF picture

M2 2280 PCIe 4.0 solid-state drive high-speed storage device 1080P RO 2TB NGFF

$99.00



Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive

$39.99



Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5

Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT500MX500SSD1

$52.99



2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON picture

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON

$28.80



Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot picture

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot

$549.00



M.2 SATA SSD 2280 128GB 256GB 512GB major brands | Very Good health picture

M.2 SATA SSD 2280 128GB 256GB 512GB major brands | Very Good health

$35.99



MICRON 2200S 256GB NVMe SSD (MTFDHBA256TCK-2AS1AABDA) - TESTED - 71% picture

MICRON 2200S 256GB NVMe SSD (MTFDHBA256TCK-2AS1AABDA) - TESTED - 71%

$24.99



Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive - Black...

$30.00