Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: No KDE

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Posts
    163

    No KDE

    What's the most intuitive non-KDE text editor? I'm looking for something like the MS-DOS edit application with a GUI.
    How do I bypass the login prompt when starting Knoppix directly into Linux (no KDE)?
    How do I rename the Samba network name?

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479

    Re: No KDE

    Quote Originally Posted by sn0wflake
    What's the most intuitive non-KDE text editor? I'm looking for something like the MS-DOS edit application with a GUI.
    How do I bypass the login prompt when starting Knoppix directly into Linux (no KDE)?
    How do I rename the Samba network name?
    For number 1 try mc at the command line for number 2 when you boot use knoppix 2 to boot to the command line for number 3 don't know I never use windows but there have been many post here on samba I suggest a search of the site.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    California
    Posts
    18
    One of the more intuitive command line editors I've ever worked with is pico or nano. It doesn't have a whole lot of power. But it get's the job done.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS picture

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS

$179.98



NEW HP Z4 G4 Workstation Xeon W-2123 16GB ECC 256GB NVMe NVIDIA T400 750W Win11 picture

NEW HP Z4 G4 Workstation Xeon W-2123 16GB ECC 256GB NVMe NVIDIA T400 750W Win11

$450.00



Intel Xeon E5-2680 V2 2.8GHz 10-Core 25MB 8GT/s SR1A6 LGA2011 B Grade Server CPU picture

Intel Xeon E5-2680 V2 2.8GHz 10-Core 25MB 8GT/s SR1A6 LGA2011 B Grade Server CPU

$7.95



For Parts - Lenovo ThinkServer TS460 Part Number: 70TT-0020UX picture

For Parts - Lenovo ThinkServer TS460 Part Number: 70TT-0020UX

$149.99



Lenovo ThinkStation P520c Intel Xeon W-2133 6-Core 3.60GHz -NO RAM/ HDD/ GPU/ OS picture

Lenovo ThinkStation P520c Intel Xeon W-2133 6-Core 3.60GHz -NO RAM/ HDD/ GPU/ OS

$127.54



Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS picture

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS

$84.49



HP Z840 44 Core Workstation 2x Xeon E5-2699 v4 - No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS picture

HP Z840 44 Core Workstation 2x Xeon E5-2699 v4 - No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS

$594.97



Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA picture

Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA

$354.48



Intel Xeon W-3245 3.2ghz 16-Core CPU OEM - 2019 Mac Pro 7,1 picture

Intel Xeon W-3245 3.2ghz 16-Core CPU OEM - 2019 Mac Pro 7,1

$395.95



Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS picture

Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS

$239.99