Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: No KDE

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Posts
    163

    No KDE

    What's the most intuitive non-KDE text editor? I'm looking for something like the MS-DOS edit application with a GUI.
    How do I bypass the login prompt when starting Knoppix directly into Linux (no KDE)?
    How do I rename the Samba network name?

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479

    Re: No KDE

    Quote Originally Posted by sn0wflake
    What's the most intuitive non-KDE text editor? I'm looking for something like the MS-DOS edit application with a GUI.
    How do I bypass the login prompt when starting Knoppix directly into Linux (no KDE)?
    How do I rename the Samba network name?
    For number 1 try mc at the command line for number 2 when you boot use knoppix 2 to boot to the command line for number 3 don't know I never use windows but there have been many post here on samba I suggest a search of the site.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    California
    Posts
    18
    One of the more intuitive command line editors I've ever worked with is pico or nano. It doesn't have a whole lot of power. But it get's the job done.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Compressed Air Duster Rechargeable Computer Vacuum Cleaner for PC Keyboard Toys picture

Compressed Air Duster Rechargeable Computer Vacuum Cleaner for PC Keyboard Toys

$16.99



Compressed Air Duster 1 Button Adjustment 12000 RPM Air Blower Car Home Keyboard picture

Compressed Air Duster 1 Button Adjustment 12000 RPM Air Blower Car Home Keyboard

$38.99



Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit NEW picture

Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit NEW

$13.89



2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Vacuum, Brushless Motor, 320000RPM picture

2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Vacuum, Brushless Motor, 320000RPM

$37.99



Cordless Electric Mini Air Duster Blower Vacuum Cleaner for PC Computer Car Home picture

Cordless Electric Mini Air Duster Blower Vacuum Cleaner for PC Computer Car Home

$16.99



BOC Edwards EXT70 B722-05-000 G1946-80002 Turbomolecular Vacuum Pump ISO63 picture

BOC Edwards EXT70 B722-05-000 G1946-80002 Turbomolecular Vacuum Pump ISO63

$100.00



Multifunctional Handheld Vacuum Cleaner & Blower for Keyboard/PC US SELLER  picture

Multifunctional Handheld Vacuum Cleaner & Blower for Keyboard/PC US SELLER

$21.99



Compressed Air Duster Wireless Handheld Car Vacuum Cleaner Black 10 Watt-hours picture

Compressed Air Duster Wireless Handheld Car Vacuum Cleaner Black 10 Watt-hours

$14.98



V3 Robot Vacuum and Mop Combo,Self-Charging,5000pa Strong Suction,WiFi/Alexa NIB picture

V3 Robot Vacuum and Mop Combo,Self-Charging,5000pa Strong Suction,WiFi/Alexa NIB

$82.00



LEVOIT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Stick Vac with Tangle-Resistant Design, Up to... picture

LEVOIT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Stick Vac with Tangle-Resistant Design, Up to...

$167.63