Also, there a lot of common extention (.mpg, .avi, .wmv) that play fine with xine, but are not associted with anything in konqueror, shouldn't they be associated by default with some compatible program?
I am using xine to view video on linux. I am quite surprise to the result, but I sometime got annoying messages from missing codec. Like that one :
w32codec: init DirectShow/DMO video codec...
wine/module: Win32 LoadLibrary failed to load: wmv8ds32.ax, /usr/lib/win32/wmv8ds32.ax, /usr/local/lib/win32/wmv8ds32.ax
I would like to find the file and install it there, but there is no directory /usr/lib/win32 and /usr/lib/ is on a read-only filesystem.
Is there a license problem to distribute the codec with knoppix, if not, I think we should had them.
Would it be possible to create a link in /usr/lib/ called win32 and pointing to some dir on the ramdisk so people could find and install the codec.
Also, there a lot of common extention (.mpg, .avi, .wmv) that play fine with xine, but are not associted with anything in konqueror, shouldn't they be associated by default with some compatible program?
Go here (read it first). Just figured it out:
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16133

2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2
$75.99
OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99
Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00
CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go
$75.00
WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure
$119.99
Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA Drives External Array
$55.00
Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95
NVME M.2 Adapter Card PCIE X16 Splitter Expansion Controller 4-Disk Soft RAID
$24.43
Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board
$300.00
Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004
$649.99