-
LILO Boot Menu options
I made 4 partitions on/in (?) my HD: One for Windows ME, Knoppix, Swap and one using the last 141mb on/in the HD...All the partitions are "classified" primary...
I intalled Knoppix and when I turn on my PC LILO boot menu appears with the options: Linux, Windows(hda1) and Windows(hda4)...
I don't want Windows(hda4) to appear because Windows is installed on/in hda1 ...I can I do it? Can I remove it?
Thanks for everything
-
Senior Member
registered user
Sure you can. Just edit /etc/lilo.conf with your favorite text editor and comment out the part you don't want. Save the file and rerun lilo. /sbin/lilo. It should tell you which entries it adds when it runs. It is also a good idea to change 'Windows' to 'wimpdoze' so that it more accurately reflects the correct state of the M$ OS but I suppose it will still work the other way.
Similar Threads
-
By ZeroKun in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-27-2004, 10:44 PM
-
By master_b in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-25-2004, 11:10 PM
-
By bob58 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-05-2004, 05:25 AM
-
By knulle in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-18-2004, 12:03 PM
-
By kgw in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-05-2004, 02:37 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99

Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive
$35.00

128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service
$39.99

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47

Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB
$282.00

LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s
$39.80

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00

FLASHFORGE 3D Printer AD5X Multi-Color IFS Auto Refill High Speed Printing US
$349.00