-
Can't change resolution
So I've been playing around with trying to change the resolution when booting from cd, and I haven't had much luck getting a resolution higher than 1024x768. I have an NEC1760NX lcd monitor and a radeon 9800 pro, and 1280x1024 is the native resolution, but I can't get it to work using "knoppix display=1280x1024" at the boot prompt. I've tried adding other things like the xmodule, xvrefresh, etc. and none of those help. Any suggestions?
-
Senior Member
registered user
I've always used
knoppix screen=1280x1024
-
Sorry, yeah, I meant knoppix screen=1280x1024. That doesn't work though.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: Can't change resolution

Originally Posted by
timeo27
So I've been playing around with trying to change the resolution when booting from cd, and I haven't had much luck getting a resolution higher than 1024x768. I have an NEC1760NX lcd monitor and a radeon 9800 pro, and 1280x1024 is the native resolution, but I can't get it to work using "knoppix display=1280x1024" at the boot prompt. I've tried adding other things like the xmodule, xvrefresh, etc. and none of those help. Any suggestions?
Try booting with the frame buffer with fb1280x1024 at the boot prompt.
-
same thing for higher res?
is it the same for a higher resolution, say fb1600x1200 or knoppix screen=1600x1200?
Similar Threads
-
By nuteThug in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-28-2004, 02:11 PM
-
By brainstorm in forum The Lounge
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-08-2004, 06:49 AM
-
By dale_c in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 09-02-2003, 06:06 PM
-
By ndori in forum Laptops
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-24-2003, 01:03 PM
-
By ndori in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-07-2003, 10:47 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$12.00

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85

Knoppix NSM 1.2
$8.00

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM
$7.00

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$34.01