Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: "modprobe ppa" before "home=scan" ??

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    2

    "modprobe ppa" before "home=scan" ??

    Heya! I'd like to use my 100MB parallel Zip Drive as a way of storing config files and home dir. I'm unable to load the files using "home=scan" (or any other cheat code), since I'm required to run the module "modprobe ppa" in order to make the drive usable. Being a total n00b, I've no idea if there is any way of passing the module to Knoppix before doing home-scan, that's why I'm hoping to get some info here. Thanks. Great forum, BTW!

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479

    Re: "modprobe ppa" before "home=scan" ??

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokec
    Heya! I'd like to use my 100MB parallel Zip Drive as a way of storing config files and home dir. I'm unable to load the files using "home=scan" (or any other cheat code), since I'm required to run the module "modprobe ppa" in order to make the drive usable. Being a total n00b, I've no idea if there is any way of passing the module to Knoppix before doing home-scan, that's why I'm hoping to get some info here. Thanks. Great forum, BTW!
    There is a new cheat code modules-disk which should allow you to copy the module to a floppy and try to load it at boot.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    2
    Thanks for info, Stephen!

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-22-2005, 10:02 PM
  2. "Connection Reset by Peer" or "hang"
    By oreo in forum General Support
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-23-2003, 06:33 PM
  3. Mounting home with optin "dev" instead of "no
    By neitzel in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-16-2003, 06:44 PM
  4. "Foreign" drive formats and "dd" command
    By geebee2000 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-21-2003, 07:29 PM
  5. Locate Knoppix "group" in "K" menu
    By Juny in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-14-2003, 09:02 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Samsung 2.5

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot

$60.00



Dell Latitude 15.6” FHD Core i5 Laptop PC Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 picture

Dell Latitude 15.6” FHD Core i5 Laptop PC Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11

$352.73



Dell Latitude 14

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro

$545.25



Dell Latitude 14

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro

$330.73



SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM picture

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM

$159.99



1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive picture

1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive

$86.95



Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb

$1746.47



Netac 2TB 1TB 500GB Internal SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe3.0 Solid State Drive lot picture

Netac 2TB 1TB 500GB Internal SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe3.0 Solid State Drive lot

$129.99



External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac picture

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac

$19.99



1TB Portable External Hard Drive USB 3.0 Storage Backup for PC Mac Laptop picture

1TB Portable External Hard Drive USB 3.0 Storage Backup for PC Mac Laptop

$29.99