-
Knoppix 3.3 will not shutdown from KDE menu
Hi,
I am a little new both to Linux and Knoppix, so if there is a simple answer...
I have installed Knoppix 3.3 on my HD and it runs really nicely. However, from KDE, if I try to return to finish the session, shutdown the machine (a Sony Vaio) or reboot, the screen just goes blank and nothing more happens (the computer is not turned off). Eventually I have to switch it off and then the next time I switch it on I get an error about the file system not being powered down correctly.
For now, to prevent errors I have found that I can press CTRL-ALT F1, and then log in as root and shutdown manually from there.
Any suggestions as to how to solve this problem.
Thanks,
Tim
Similar Threads
-
By ThE_R_o_B in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 04-22-2005, 04:20 AM
-
By paulo_andre in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-19-2005, 12:46 PM
-
By djinn in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-02-2004, 03:01 PM
-
By jex in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 6
Last Post: 06-05-2003, 07:34 PM
-
By _CaLeB_ in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 5
Last Post: 03-31-2003, 06:20 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1299.99

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$179.99

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$110.30

IBM Power S824 12Bay 4U Server - 2x Power8 CPU, 512GB DDR4, MT: 8286-42A
$1731.00

Compaq ProLiant 1500R 5/100 rack server, Series 3155, with IBM 2.1GB HD, VINTAGE
$295.00

IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU
$999.99

Rare Vintage IBM 93ZZ PowerPC Server Board - MCM Ceramic CPU - 40N1844 - 1.1 lbs
$49.99

IBM 7014-T00 Enterprise 19" Rack Enclosure No Keys
$549.95