Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Using my 2nd CD drive

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    North Carolina, USA
    Posts
    3

    Using my 2nd CD drive

    I have 2 CD drives in my computer. One, the plain old CD drive boots Knoppix just fine - love it so far, BTW. This particular PC has only 1 HD and it's NTFS, so I can't use the HD for saving files, etc.

    My 2nd CD drive is a CD-RW. When I try to save files to it, it seems to mount ok but when I use the Knoppix browser to find a file and then try to either copy to the CD-RW drive or burn an image, I get the message that there's "no file". I've tried it with CD-R, CD-RW, and formatted CD-RW disks - all to no avail.

    Please, someone tell me what I'm missing?

    TIA!

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    USA, IL
    Posts
    1,041

    Re: Using my 2nd CD drive

    --It sounds like you're talking about packet-writing, which Linux doesn't really support (yet?). Try ' man cdrecord '.

    Quote Originally Posted by LeeDouglas
    I have 2 CD drives in my computer. One, the plain old CD drive boots Knoppix just fine - love it so far, BTW. This particular PC has only 1 HD and it's NTFS, so I can't use the HD for saving files, etc.

    My 2nd CD drive is a CD-RW. When I try to save files to it, it seems to mount ok but when I use the Knoppix browser to find a file and then try to either copy to the CD-RW drive or burn an image, I get the message that there's "no file". I've tried it with CD-R, CD-RW, and formatted CD-RW disks - all to no avail.

    Please, someone tell me what I'm missing?

    TIA!

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    North Carolina, USA
    Posts
    3

    using my 2nd CD Drive

    It's ok if Knoppxi doesn't support packet writing. There is a Knoppix application that pops up when I choose Burn a CD and it doesn't work either. Any ideas why it says "No file"?

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    USA, IL
    Posts
    1,041

    Re: using my 2nd CD Drive

    --Unfortunately no... I try not to use GUI when burning cds, using scripts instead. What's the name of the app? ' cdbakeoven ' I think is an alternative.

    Quote Originally Posted by LeeDouglas
    It's ok if Knoppxi doesn't support packet writing. There is a Knoppix application that pops up when I choose Burn a CD and it doesn't work either. Any ideas why it says "No file"?

Similar Threads

  1. Permanent home onto Sandisk USB flash drive ruined drive
    By mjman in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-25-2004, 09:46 PM
  2. How to copy an NTFS drive to another NTFS drive
    By Bothersome in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-07-2004, 10:53 PM
  3. Hard Drive Salvage from corrupted Windows XP NTFS drive
    By kidsatacrux in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 08-03-2004, 07:41 AM
  4. Replace default cd home drive with persistant home drive ???
    By ktheking in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-02-2004, 09:35 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


HPE Synergy 480 Gen10 Blade Server BAREBONES NO CPU, RAM OR HDD  🚚 picture

HPE Synergy 480 Gen10 Blade Server BAREBONES NO CPU, RAM OR HDD 🚚

$140.00



NEW DELL TRUSTED PLATFORM MODULE TPM 2.0 POWEREDGE T430 T630 G13 SERVERS K98XH picture

NEW DELL TRUSTED PLATFORM MODULE TPM 2.0 POWEREDGE T430 T630 G13 SERVERS K98XH

$225.00



Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR picture

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR

$96.60



Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working picture

Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working

$149.99



Dell PowerEdge FX2 FX2s Server 10GbE CMC Blade Enclosure Chassis picture

Dell PowerEdge FX2 FX2s Server 10GbE CMC Blade Enclosure Chassis

$274.99



NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER picture

NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER

$1499.97



Dell PowerEdge VRTX 2.5

Dell PowerEdge VRTX 2.5"x25 Bay Blade Enclosure 4x1600W + 4X M640 (4X Blades)

$1599.99



Dell PowerEdge FX2 FX2s Server 10GbE CMC Blade Empty Chassis XJ6VP picture

Dell PowerEdge FX2 FX2s Server 10GbE CMC Blade Empty Chassis XJ6VP

$149.99



Cisco UCS 5108 Blade Server Chassis Enclosure N20-C6508 4x PSU 8x Fans 2x Fabric picture

Cisco UCS 5108 Blade Server Chassis Enclosure N20-C6508 4x PSU 8x Fans 2x Fabric

$174.99



NEW DELL TRUSTED PLATFORM MODULE TPM 2.0 POWEREDGE R730 SERVER M48YR RXW6R K98XH picture

NEW DELL TRUSTED PLATFORM MODULE TPM 2.0 POWEREDGE R730 SERVER M48YR RXW6R K98XH

$225.00