--It sounds like you're talking about packet-writing, which Linux doesn't really support (yet?). Try ' man cdrecord '.
Originally Posted by LeeDouglas
I have 2 CD drives in my computer. One, the plain old CD drive boots Knoppix just fine - love it so far, BTW. This particular PC has only 1 HD and it's NTFS, so I can't use the HD for saving files, etc.
My 2nd CD drive is a CD-RW. When I try to save files to it, it seems to mount ok but when I use the Knoppix browser to find a file and then try to either copy to the CD-RW drive or burn an image, I get the message that there's "no file". I've tried it with CD-R, CD-RW, and formatted CD-RW disks - all to no avail.
Please, someone tell me what I'm missing?
TIA!
--It sounds like you're talking about packet-writing, which Linux doesn't really support (yet?). Try ' man cdrecord '.
Originally Posted by LeeDouglas
It's ok if Knoppxi doesn't support packet writing. There is a Knoppix application that pops up when I choose Burn a CD and it doesn't work either. Any ideas why it says "No file"?
--Unfortunately no... I try not to use GUI when burning cds, using scripts instead. What's the name of the app? ' cdbakeoven ' I think is an alternative.
Originally Posted by LeeDouglas

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99
Atari 400 / 800 Computer Memory Module 16K RAM PCB CX853 - Works Perfectly
$18.95
Atari 400 Home Computer System includes Power Cord G2U
$159.99
Vintage 1984: Super Sketch G2300 For Atari Home Computer
$72.00
Atari 400 800 The Communicator II Kit CIB CX488 Modem Cartridge Box
$80.00
Vintage Atari 1050 Disk Drive w/ SIO Cable & 32 Games/Programs - UNTESTED
$67.76
Atari 1200 XL home computer with original owners guide and power supply power on
$255.00
Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested 48k With Original Box
$525.00
GreaseWeazle v4 board USB floppy drive adapter Retro All Formats
$35.00
DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D
$49.29