Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: How can I access a Software Mirrored HD (ext2)

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    2

    How can I access a Software Mirrored HD (ext2)

    I have a system normally running Mitel SME Server (an RH 7.2 derivative AFAIK) with an ext2 FS with software mirroring turned on.

    I need to do some simple repair (a cp command), but the HD does not show up on the desktop, nor can I figure out any way of seeing it with mount or fdisk.

    The only reference(s) I have found were to a post about booting with an IDE RAID controller (including a reference to plugscript), but that isn't my situation AFAICT.

    I am a Linux newbie, so please be specific.

    TIA,
    Tore.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Podunk, Idaho, USA
    Posts
    470
    Since you've posted in a knoppix forum I assume you are trying to access the drive with knoppix?? yes or no

    the HD does not show up on the desktop, nor can I figure out any way of seeing it with mount or fdisk.
    Is this from Knoppix or SME?

    I would think that you should be able to see the partition from knoppix if it is just a software mirrored ext2 partition.

    I have used SME a bit... system questions...

    Do you have two hard drives, or multiple partitions on a single drive?

    Do you get into SME if you boot it?

    Have you done an fdisk -l /dev/hdx which lists all partitions on device x; where x = a b c or d, in knoppix or SME?

    ~rock

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    2
    Thanks for your reply.

    Yes, I was trying to access it from Knoppix since I couldn't get into SME.

    I have been told the problem was due to root and admin password being out of sync somehow, and did an upgrade to SME 5.5 (was SME 5.1.2). That got me past that problem. Now I can't get system to see more than one Ethernet adapter at a time - or at least configure an IP address for more than one. But that isn't a Knoppix issue...

    Thanks,
    Tore.

Similar Threads

  1. NTFS -> ext2
    By jtvision in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-24-2005, 05:57 AM
  2. ext3 as ext2 HELP!!!
    By Forcemaster in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-06-2004, 01:27 PM
  3. ext3-FS mounted as ext2
    By hamatoma in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-26-2004, 05:11 PM
  4. ext2 doesn't mount
    By Rivendell in forum General Support
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-08-2004, 10:14 PM
  5. pendisk - vfat or ext2?
    By Alexxx in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-09-2004, 02:08 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Lenovo - Yoga 7i 2-in-1 16

Lenovo - Yoga 7i 2-in-1 16" 2K Touchscreen Laptop - Intel Core Ultra 5 Proces...

$749.99



Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black

$241.50



Lenovo ThinkPad T14 G2 14-Inch AMD Ryzen R5 5650U 16GB, 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro picture

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 G2 14-Inch AMD Ryzen R5 5650U 16GB, 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro

$398.99



Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2 14

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2 14" Touchscreen i7-1185G7 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11

$284.99



Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3 15.6

Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3 15.6" Full HD Laptop - AMD Ryzen 5 40 2025 - 8GB Memo...

$379.99



Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3 15.3

Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3 15.3" 2k Touchscreen Laptop - AMD Ryzen 7 170 2025 - ...

$599.99



Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black

$241.50



Lenovo IdeaPad 5 2-in-1 16

Lenovo IdeaPad 5 2-in-1 16" WUXGA Touch Ryzen 7 8845HS 16GB 512GB SSD FPReader

$571.00



Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2 Laptop 14

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2 Laptop 14" 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Intel Core [email protected]

$249.00



Windows 11 PRO Laptop Notebook PC Computer, 8GB Ram, Webcam, Wifi, and HDMI picture

Windows 11 PRO Laptop Notebook PC Computer, 8GB Ram, Webcam, Wifi, and HDMI

$144.00