Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: How can I access a Software Mirrored HD (ext2)

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    2

    How can I access a Software Mirrored HD (ext2)

    I have a system normally running Mitel SME Server (an RH 7.2 derivative AFAIK) with an ext2 FS with software mirroring turned on.

    I need to do some simple repair (a cp command), but the HD does not show up on the desktop, nor can I figure out any way of seeing it with mount or fdisk.

    The only reference(s) I have found were to a post about booting with an IDE RAID controller (including a reference to plugscript), but that isn't my situation AFAICT.

    I am a Linux newbie, so please be specific.

    TIA,
    Tore.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Podunk, Idaho, USA
    Posts
    470
    Since you've posted in a knoppix forum I assume you are trying to access the drive with knoppix?? yes or no

    the HD does not show up on the desktop, nor can I figure out any way of seeing it with mount or fdisk.
    Is this from Knoppix or SME?

    I would think that you should be able to see the partition from knoppix if it is just a software mirrored ext2 partition.

    I have used SME a bit... system questions...

    Do you have two hard drives, or multiple partitions on a single drive?

    Do you get into SME if you boot it?

    Have you done an fdisk -l /dev/hdx which lists all partitions on device x; where x = a b c or d, in knoppix or SME?

    ~rock

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    2
    Thanks for your reply.

    Yes, I was trying to access it from Knoppix since I couldn't get into SME.

    I have been told the problem was due to root and admin password being out of sync somehow, and did an upgrade to SME 5.5 (was SME 5.1.2). That got me past that problem. Now I can't get system to see more than one Ethernet adapter at a time - or at least configure an IP address for more than one. But that isn't a Knoppix issue...

    Thanks,
    Tore.

Similar Threads

  1. NTFS -> ext2
    By jtvision in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-24-2005, 05:57 AM
  2. ext3 as ext2 HELP!!!
    By Forcemaster in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-06-2004, 01:27 PM
  3. ext3-FS mounted as ext2
    By hamatoma in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-26-2004, 05:11 PM
  4. ext2 doesn't mount
    By Rivendell in forum General Support
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-08-2004, 10:14 PM
  5. pendisk - vfat or ext2?
    By Alexxx in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-09-2004, 02:08 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡ picture

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡

$119.00



Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P picture

Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P

$149.99



JUNIPER NETWORKS MIST AI AP63-US HIGH PERFORMANCE OUTDOOR ACCESS POINT - WHITE picture

JUNIPER NETWORKS MIST AI AP63-US HIGH PERFORMANCE OUTDOOR ACCESS POINT - WHITE

$59.99



Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port Gigabit PoE Managed Ethernet Switch picture

Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port Gigabit PoE Managed Ethernet Switch

$79.99



Juniper SRX320 8-Port Security Services Gateway Appliance w/ AC Adapter picture

Juniper SRX320 8-Port Security Services Gateway Appliance w/ AC Adapter

$59.99



Juniper EX2300-C-12P POE+ Switch 12 x 1GbE & 2 SFP+ 10G uplinks picture

Juniper EX2300-C-12P POE+ Switch 12 x 1GbE & 2 SFP+ 10G uplinks

$124.99



Juniper Networks EX2300 (EX2300-48P) 48 Ports Ethernet Switch picture

Juniper Networks EX2300 (EX2300-48P) 48 Ports Ethernet Switch

$249.99



Juniper EX3400-48T-AFI Ethernet Network Switch 48x1GbE 4x10GbE SFP+ 2x40GbE QSFP picture

Juniper EX3400-48T-AFI Ethernet Network Switch 48x1GbE 4x10GbE SFP+ 2x40GbE QSFP

$139.00



Juniper Networks EX3300-24T EX Series 24-Port Gigabit 4-Port SFP+ Switch picture

Juniper Networks EX3300-24T EX Series 24-Port Gigabit 4-Port SFP+ Switch

$79.99



Juniper QFX5100-48S-3AFI 48-Port SFP+ 6 QSFP+ 2x SFP/RJ-45 Management picture

Juniper QFX5100-48S-3AFI 48-Port SFP+ 6 QSFP+ 2x SFP/RJ-45 Management

$249.97