-
toRAM bug?
Hi people,
I've added Knoppix to my DVD, which uses Isolinux as bootloader.
no problem there.
however, the DVD is about 3GB.
when I type 'knoppix toram' , it goes copying, but complains about a full Ramdisk. from further output I see it tries the entire DVD content!
toRAM parameter is only used for copying the KNOPPIX file to the ramdisk (not the entire disc!), or am I wrong here?
any help / comments appreciated
regards,
Bernd Blaauw
-
Senior Member
registered user
Check the size of that Knoppix file. It's nearly the size of the whole CD. All of Knoppix is compressed using Cloop. You need to have around 1gig of ram to use the toram option. Optionally, you can remaster the cd and remove unwanted applications or just copy the image onto your hd and boot from there like this: "knoppix tohd=/dev/hda1"
Adam
-
toRAM parameter is only used for copying the KNOPPIX file to the ramdisk (not the entire disc!), or am I wrong here?
yes, it is true!!
-
actually,
I *do* have 1GB,
using the toram option,
Knoppix says something about
"please hold"
and then it should copy the file KNOPPIX to RAM.
nothing else.
unfortunately my Linux knowledge is almost zero so if I use a cd I can't see if it copies only the Knoppix file, or entire contents..
I found the "error". irritating.
LINUXRC in the boot-image: line 265..270
/bin/mkdir /cdrom2
if [ -n "$COPYTORAM" ]
then
# Hey, we could use some fancy dialog skript here
)
echo -n "${CRE} ${GREEN}Copying KNOPPIX CDROM to ${MAGENTA}ramdisk${GREEN}
/bin/mount - tmpfs -o size=800M /dev/shm /cdrom2
if [ -z "$NOCD" ]
then
/bin/cp -a /cdrom/* /cdrom2 # Comment
else
/bin/cp -a /cdrom/KNOPPIX/ /cdrom2 # Copy only KNOPPIX-dir as we
fi
OK, found it. Now find a way to remedy it.
(yes, I know the above patch, but how to create boot.img again
Similar Threads
-
By lilsirecho in forum Knoppix DVD
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-03-2004, 01:45 AM
-
By lilsirecho in forum The Lounge
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-10-2004, 03:53 PM
-
By lilsirecho in forum The Lounge
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-04-2004, 12:52 AM
-
By AzureD in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-27-2004, 03:20 AM
-
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-24-2003, 02:18 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel Core i9-9900 | SRG18 | 3.10 GHz | 8 Cores | LOT OF 10
$1505.77

Corsair RM750e 750W Fully Modular 80 Plus Gold ATX 3.1 PSU Certified Refurbished
$44.99

COMBO: ASUS Prime H370M-PLUS MOTHERBOARD + i5-9400F CPU /w Heatsink + 16GB DDR4
$169.95

PS5 Over Heating Problem Solver 1.5 Grams Liquid metal thermal paste CPU, GPU
$15.99

Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor
$69.99

Intel SRG17 Core i7-9700T Desktop Processor CPU
$74.99

Intel Core i7-7700T 2.9GHz 8MB Socket LGA1151 Quad Core Processor SR339
$39.99

Intel 4th Gen Core i7-4790 SR1QF 3.60GHz (Turbo 4.00GHz) 8M 4-Core LGA-1150 CPU
$39.99

LAST BATCH *Brand New-Sealed* AMD Ryzen 9 9950X3D2 Dual Ed. 4.3GHz 16Core AM5
$768.00

Intel Core i5-11500 2.70 GHz LGA 1200 Desktop CPU Processor SRKNY
$94.99