-
How can I access a Software Mirrored HD (ext2)
I have a system normally running Mitel SME Server (an RH 7.2 derivative AFAIK) with an ext2 FS with software mirroring turned on.
I need to do some simple repair (a cp command), but the HD does not show up on the desktop, nor can I figure out any way of seeing it with mount or fdisk.
The only reference(s) I have found were to a post about booting with an IDE RAID controller (including a reference to plugscript), but that isn't my situation AFAICT.
I am a Linux newbie, so please be specific.
TIA,
Tore.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Since you've posted in a knoppix forum I assume you are trying to access the drive with knoppix?? yes or no
the HD does not show up on the desktop, nor can I figure out any way of seeing it with mount or fdisk.
Is this from Knoppix or SME?
I would think that you should be able to see the partition from knoppix if it is just a software mirrored ext2 partition.
I have used SME a bit... system questions...
Do you have two hard drives, or multiple partitions on a single drive?
Do you get into SME if you boot it?
Have you done an fdisk -l /dev/hdx which lists all partitions on device x; where x = a b c or d, in knoppix or SME?
~rock
-
Thanks for your reply.
Yes, I was trying to access it from Knoppix since I couldn't get into SME.
I have been told the problem was due to root and admin password being out of sync somehow, and did an upgrade to SME 5.5 (was SME 5.1.2). That got me past that problem. Now I can't get system to see more than one Ethernet adapter at a time - or at least configure an IP address for more than one. But that isn't a Knoppix issue...
Thanks,
Tore.
Similar Threads
-
By jtvision in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-24-2005, 05:57 AM
-
By Forcemaster in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-06-2004, 01:27 PM
-
By hamatoma in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-26-2004, 05:11 PM
-
By Rivendell in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 04-08-2004, 10:14 PM
-
By Alexxx in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 7
Last Post: 03-09-2004, 02:08 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

M321R8GA0BB0-CQK Samsung 64GB PC5-38400 DDR5-4800MHz ECC RDIMM 2Rx4 ES Memory
$1999.00

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$448.20

x4 Intel 128GB NMB1XXD128GPS Optane Memory 200 Series PMEM Module 3200 DDR4 RAM
$329.99

MICRON MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G6E1 | 32GB PC4-2666V ECC RDIMM Server RAM
$184.95

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

LOT OF 11 M321R8GA0BB0-CQK Samsung 64GB DDR5-4800MHz ECC RDIMM 2Rx4 ES Memory
$16500.00

SK Hynix 64B PC4-2933Y Server Memory DDR4 RAM HMAA8GR7MJR4N-WM
$499.99

SK Hynix Server Memory 32GB (1x32GB) RAM DDR4 2400MHz HMA84GR7MFR4N Lot of 12
$1599.99

SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory
$159.98

Kingston 256GB (8x32GB) DDR4-3200 PC4-25600 260-Pin SO-DIMM Non-ECC lot of 10
$1500.00