Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: How can I access a Software Mirrored HD (ext2)

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    2

    How can I access a Software Mirrored HD (ext2)

    I have a system normally running Mitel SME Server (an RH 7.2 derivative AFAIK) with an ext2 FS with software mirroring turned on.

    I need to do some simple repair (a cp command), but the HD does not show up on the desktop, nor can I figure out any way of seeing it with mount or fdisk.

    The only reference(s) I have found were to a post about booting with an IDE RAID controller (including a reference to plugscript), but that isn't my situation AFAICT.

    I am a Linux newbie, so please be specific.

    TIA,
    Tore.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Podunk, Idaho, USA
    Posts
    470
    Since you've posted in a knoppix forum I assume you are trying to access the drive with knoppix?? yes or no

    the HD does not show up on the desktop, nor can I figure out any way of seeing it with mount or fdisk.
    Is this from Knoppix or SME?

    I would think that you should be able to see the partition from knoppix if it is just a software mirrored ext2 partition.

    I have used SME a bit... system questions...

    Do you have two hard drives, or multiple partitions on a single drive?

    Do you get into SME if you boot it?

    Have you done an fdisk -l /dev/hdx which lists all partitions on device x; where x = a b c or d, in knoppix or SME?

    ~rock

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    2
    Thanks for your reply.

    Yes, I was trying to access it from Knoppix since I couldn't get into SME.

    I have been told the problem was due to root and admin password being out of sync somehow, and did an upgrade to SME 5.5 (was SME 5.1.2). That got me past that problem. Now I can't get system to see more than one Ethernet adapter at a time - or at least configure an IP address for more than one. But that isn't a Knoppix issue...

    Thanks,
    Tore.

Similar Threads

  1. NTFS -> ext2
    By jtvision in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-24-2005, 05:57 AM
  2. ext3 as ext2 HELP!!!
    By Forcemaster in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-06-2004, 01:27 PM
  3. ext3-FS mounted as ext2
    By hamatoma in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-26-2004, 05:11 PM
  4. ext2 doesn't mount
    By Rivendell in forum General Support
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-08-2004, 10:14 PM
  5. pendisk - vfat or ext2?
    By Alexxx in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-09-2004, 02:08 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p

$499.88



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter picture

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter

$27.50



DELL POWEREDGE R340 Server | Xeon E-2126G 64GB RAM PERC H330 (Onboard) picture

DELL POWEREDGE R340 Server | Xeon E-2126G 64GB RAM PERC H330 (Onboard)

$399.95



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$484.99



Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb picture

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb

$374.99



Dell PowerEdge R730 8 Bay Server 64Gb 1x80Gb SSD 3x900Gb SAS 2x12c v4CPU Proxmox picture

Dell PowerEdge R730 8 Bay Server 64Gb 1x80Gb SSD 3x900Gb SAS 2x12c v4CPU Proxmox

$620.00



8W81F Dell PowerEdge R840 24x SFF 4x Xeon Gold 6252 H730P 2x 1100W PSU picture

8W81F Dell PowerEdge R840 24x SFF 4x Xeon Gold 6252 H730P 2x 1100W PSU

$1000.00



Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server picture

Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server

$349.99



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server E5-2698 V4 | No RAM | 2x 1600W PSU picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server E5-2698 V4 | No RAM | 2x 1600W PSU

$414.99