Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: How can I access a Software Mirrored HD (ext2)

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    2

    How can I access a Software Mirrored HD (ext2)

    I have a system normally running Mitel SME Server (an RH 7.2 derivative AFAIK) with an ext2 FS with software mirroring turned on.

    I need to do some simple repair (a cp command), but the HD does not show up on the desktop, nor can I figure out any way of seeing it with mount or fdisk.

    The only reference(s) I have found were to a post about booting with an IDE RAID controller (including a reference to plugscript), but that isn't my situation AFAICT.

    I am a Linux newbie, so please be specific.

    TIA,
    Tore.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Podunk, Idaho, USA
    Posts
    470
    Since you've posted in a knoppix forum I assume you are trying to access the drive with knoppix?? yes or no

    the HD does not show up on the desktop, nor can I figure out any way of seeing it with mount or fdisk.
    Is this from Knoppix or SME?

    I would think that you should be able to see the partition from knoppix if it is just a software mirrored ext2 partition.

    I have used SME a bit... system questions...

    Do you have two hard drives, or multiple partitions on a single drive?

    Do you get into SME if you boot it?

    Have you done an fdisk -l /dev/hdx which lists all partitions on device x; where x = a b c or d, in knoppix or SME?

    ~rock

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    2
    Thanks for your reply.

    Yes, I was trying to access it from Knoppix since I couldn't get into SME.

    I have been told the problem was due to root and admin password being out of sync somehow, and did an upgrade to SME 5.5 (was SME 5.1.2). That got me past that problem. Now I can't get system to see more than one Ethernet adapter at a time - or at least configure an IP address for more than one. But that isn't a Knoppix issue...

    Thanks,
    Tore.

Similar Threads

  1. NTFS -> ext2
    By jtvision in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-24-2005, 05:57 AM
  2. ext3 as ext2 HELP!!!
    By Forcemaster in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-06-2004, 01:27 PM
  3. ext3-FS mounted as ext2
    By hamatoma in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-26-2004, 05:11 PM
  4. ext2 doesn't mount
    By Rivendell in forum General Support
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-08-2004, 10:14 PM
  5. pendisk - vfat or ext2?
    By Alexxx in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-09-2004, 02:08 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$484.99



VMware vCenter Server 8 STANDARD Perpetual License Key VC-STD-C (Legacy Pack) picture

VMware vCenter Server 8 STANDARD Perpetual License Key VC-STD-C (Legacy Pack)

$1599.95



DELL POWEREDGE R340 Server | Xeon E-2126G 64GB RAM PERC H330 (Onboard) picture

DELL POWEREDGE R340 Server | Xeon E-2126G 64GB RAM PERC H330 (Onboard)

$399.95



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p

$499.88



Supermicro 2U GPU Server SYS-2029GP-TR 2x Xeon 6130 32C 6x PCIe 3.0 x16 Slots picture

Supermicro 2U GPU Server SYS-2029GP-TR 2x Xeon 6130 32C 6x PCIe 3.0 x16 Slots

$745.00



Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO picture

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO

$308.00



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E6-2699 v3 | 128gb RAM | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E6-2699 v3 | 128gb RAM | 2x 1600W

$1029.99



MICROSOFT WINDOWS SERVER 2025 RDS 50 CAL NEW Factory Sealed picture

MICROSOFT WINDOWS SERVER 2025 RDS 50 CAL NEW Factory Sealed

$136.87



Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Standard 64Bit 16 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key Sealed picture

Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Standard 64Bit 16 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key Sealed

$41.19