-
LiveCD running VMWARE ....questions
Hello everyone,
I have a Knoppix 3.4 remastered with vmware installed on it. When I boot from the CD, I have been able to run my vmware with windows 98 without any real problems.....The exception is that I am not able to bridge the networking / problems with vmnet. Anyone have any suggestions on getting the network up and running? I am also interested in mounting FAT16 / FAT32 drives as read-only within the vmware…. Any suggestions?
Thanks
-
Senior Member
registered user
tried installing vmware tools inside win98 box?
-
Senior Member
registered user
A word of caution:
There is a real danger in mixing Free and Open Source Software and proprietary software and then making a copy of it on a CD. Are you allowed to do what you did? Have you checked the license agreement that you agreed to abide by? http://www.vmware.com/download/ws4_eula.html. Just because you can do something does not mean you are permitted to.
-
VMWARE Lisc...
I apologize for posting this question. I will discontinue use and further development and find an open source solution to my needs....and abusing the message board with this type of questioning... While there was only intent to use this CD for my own use, I will discontinue the product. I have read the VMWARE lisc before I started, and I am a licensed user of the product paid for out of my own pocket, I am not legally trained to be able to make a formalized conclusion on this installation to CD media within the license agreement. The remaster I was working on required you use the Software License Key to activate the Software every time you went to use the application (had to use the CD key). Thank you everyone for the good and informative readings from the forums.
-
Senior Member
registered user
If you have paid for VMware and if you are not redistributing the disc then I see no legal problems!
Greetings,
probono
-
Junior Member
registered user
Re: LiveCD running VMWARE ....questions

Originally Posted by
bdn103
Hello everyone,
I have a Knoppix 3.4 remastered with vmware installed on it. When I boot from the CD, I have been able to run my vmware with windows 98 without any real problems.....The exception is that I am not able to bridge the networking / problems with vmnet. Anyone have any suggestions on getting the network up and running? I am also interested in mounting FAT16 / FAT32 drives as read-only within the vmware…. Any suggestions?
Thanks
Yes, VMWare allows for a non-persistant disk image. This allows you to boot from vmdk on your cd/dvd
Networking works fine for me. How did you install vmware on your image?
Similar Threads
-
By groenewe in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-03-2006, 01:04 PM
-
By jsavage in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-26-2005, 12:05 PM
-
By upazupa in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-07-2005, 08:11 AM
-
By bernstine in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-26-2005, 09:29 AM
-
By ben- in forum The Lounge
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-22-2003, 02:32 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00
$1619.19

G-Technology G-SPEED Studio XL 48TB Thunderbolt 2 Storage - Housing Only
$200.00

Broadcom MegaRAID 9480-8e Fujitsu PRAID EP540e SAS RAID Card (Replac 9380-8e) 8i
$228.00

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99

NVME M.2 Adapter Card PCIE X16 Splitter Expansion Controller 4-Disk Soft RAID
$24.43

Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board
$300.00

Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004
$649.99