Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: 2003-11-19 fixed problems reading partition table?

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    20

    2003-11-19 fixed problems reading partition table?

    Hi, I tried to HDD install Knoppix 3.3 (2003-11-03) but was unable to do so because it couldn't read my partition table. The old post is here:
    http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...435&highlight=

    I know several other posts mentioned a similar problem. Do you know if this has been addressed in the newest release? The reason I ask is because I have to order the CD from a retailer (I have slow dialup) and I'd rather wait until there's a version that I can HDD install. Thanks for the info!

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    8
    I believe this problem is related with kernel 2.4.22. The same behavior is shown on many Toshiba laptops (I have one). The last knoppix to work well for me is 06-06. I have tried all versions after 06-06 with no success. While initializing the hard disks it says IDE: late registration of driver, and at kernel.org they say is something not yet considered an error and in need of a more detailed evaluation.

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    20
    I actually have 2.4.22-10mdk (MDK 9.2) running right now. No problems reading the partition table. But I don't have a Toshiba; I have an old system with an SiS 5513 controller. So maybe they are two different problems. Should I post my own problem on kernel.org? Thanks!

Similar Threads

  1. What is wrong with my partition table?
    By yonatan in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-17-2005, 02:00 AM
  2. Repair Partition Table - PLEASE READ.
    By rohandhruva in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-12-2004, 05:39 PM
  3. partition table recovery software
    By baldyeti in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-21-2004, 05:06 PM
  4. Repairing of corrupt partition table
    By NormanBates in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-21-2004, 06:46 AM
  5. Partition-error (Table written but error while reading!!!)
    By Mad_Max_FX in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-22-2003, 03:29 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch picture

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch

$19.99



Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch picture

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch

$46.99



NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch picture

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch

$49.99



Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks picture

Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks

$224.95



10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W picture

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W

$39.99



TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597 picture

TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597

$36.98



5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S... picture

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...

$9.64



Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts picture

Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts

$69.00



Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch picture

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch

$129.99



NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (Gs305) - Desktop Quiet Fanless picture

NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (Gs305) - Desktop Quiet Fanless

$25.99