Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Can't change resolution

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    2

    Can't change resolution

    So I've been playing around with trying to change the resolution when booting from cd, and I haven't had much luck getting a resolution higher than 1024x768. I have an NEC1760NX lcd monitor and a radeon 9800 pro, and 1280x1024 is the native resolution, but I can't get it to work using "knoppix display=1280x1024" at the boot prompt. I've tried adding other things like the xmodule, xvrefresh, etc. and none of those help. Any suggestions?

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    611
    I've always used

    knoppix screen=1280x1024

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    2
    Sorry, yeah, I meant knoppix screen=1280x1024. That doesn't work though.

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479

    Re: Can't change resolution

    Quote Originally Posted by timeo27
    So I've been playing around with trying to change the resolution when booting from cd, and I haven't had much luck getting a resolution higher than 1024x768. I have an NEC1760NX lcd monitor and a radeon 9800 pro, and 1280x1024 is the native resolution, but I can't get it to work using "knoppix display=1280x1024" at the boot prompt. I've tried adding other things like the xmodule, xvrefresh, etc. and none of those help. Any suggestions?
    Try booting with the frame buffer with fb1280x1024 at the boot prompt.

  5. #5

    same thing for higher res?

    is it the same for a higher resolution, say fb1600x1200 or knoppix screen=1600x1200?

Similar Threads

  1. cant change resolution on my laptop
    By nuteThug in forum Laptops
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-28-2004, 02:11 PM
  2. change screen resolution
    By brainstorm in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-08-2004, 06:49 AM
  3. Screen Resolution Won't Change
    By dale_c in forum General Support
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-02-2003, 06:06 PM
  4. how do I change screen resolution?
    By ndori in forum Laptops
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-24-2003, 01:03 PM
  5. who do i change resolution?
    By ndori in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-07-2003, 10:47 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Lenovo ThinkStation P520c Intel Xeon W-2133 6-Core 3.60GHz -NO RAM/ HDD/ GPU/ OS picture

Lenovo ThinkStation P520c Intel Xeon W-2133 6-Core 3.60GHz -NO RAM/ HDD/ GPU/ OS

$127.54



Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor   picture

Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor

$50.00



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS picture

Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS

$239.99



Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS picture

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS

$179.98



Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS picture

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS

$84.49



Intel Xeon E5-2690 v4 SR2N2 14 Core 2.6GHz 35MB LGA2011-3 CPU *km picture

Intel Xeon E5-2690 v4 SR2N2 14 Core 2.6GHz 35MB LGA2011-3 CPU *km

$15.99



Intel Xeon Platinum 8268 2.9GHz 24-Core FCLGA3647 Processor | SRF95 picture

Intel Xeon Platinum 8268 2.9GHz 24-Core FCLGA3647 Processor | SRF95

$119.99



GIGABYTE X99-UD4 Motherboard Combo Xeon 2687Wv3 16GB 256SSD W10P GTX Titan Black picture

GIGABYTE X99-UD4 Motherboard Combo Xeon 2687Wv3 16GB 256SSD W10P GTX Titan Black

$229.00



HP Z440 Workstation TWR Xeon E5-1603 v3, 8GB RAM, NVS310, SB1570, NO SSD/OS #95 picture

HP Z440 Workstation TWR Xeon E5-1603 v3, 8GB RAM, NVS310, SB1570, NO SSD/OS #95

$89.99