-
Burning Knoppix
Ok, it's my first time on Knoppix and i just got CD-RW so i really dunno what to do. Mayby I don't understand readme. Whatever, please, help me. There is that I do:
1. download my knoppix version
2. winiso .iso file and put all extracted files to cd
3. reboot my computer from cd
It doesn't work and doesn't even run Knoppix.
Btw: I am using Nero.
Please, help me and tell me what i am doing wrong and what should i do. step by step instructions would be appriciated.
btw: sorry for my bad english.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Go to linuxiso.org for instructions. Specifically, after you download, check the file using md5sum as described here:
http://www.linuxiso.org/viewdoc.php/verifyiso.html
After you check that it has downloaded correctly, burn the image as described here:
http://www.linuxiso.org/viewdoc.php/neroburning.html
Good luck!
-
with Nero Burning ROM 6, from Main Menu bar select Recorder - Burn Image, then select your .iso file and burn it
-
Thanks for info but, huh, it seams that Nero isn't a good tool for burning bootable CD's. What program do you use and what would you recommend?
Thanks in advance.
-
Hello Raindrop:
I just used nero 6 to burn both Knoppix 3.2 and 3.3 and both are working great ( I had a bad original 3.3 iso so I tried 3.2). Try downloading from a different mirror. Do what Budhy says and also make sure on the Burn tab you have checked Finalize CD.
-

Originally Posted by
sydspirit
Hello Raindrop:
I just used nero 6 to burn both Knoppix 3.2 and 3.3 and both are working great ( I had a bad original 3.3 iso so I tried 3.2). Try downloading from a different mirror. Do what Budhy says and also make sure on the Burn tab you have checked Finalize CD.
Similar Threads
-
By downdogWoof in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-19-2005, 07:24 PM
-
By Dilbert in forum General Support
Replies: 9
Last Post: 12-14-2004, 04:58 AM
-
By McGrady in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 10-19-2004, 02:36 AM
-
By crazysniper22 in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 10-18-2003, 09:48 PM
-
By Havoc in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 09-28-2003, 10:25 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

128GB (2x64GB) NEW Crucial Micron DDR5 5600 Desktop RAM UDIMM (CP2K64G56C46U5)
$2085.00

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99

Crucial Micron 8GB (1x8GB) RAM DDR4 3200MHz CT8G4SFRA32A
$29.99

Lot 100 SK hynix 16GB 2Rx8 PC4-23400 DDR4-2933Y ECC Reg Server Memory RDIMM RAM
$9599.00

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99

Assorted RAM sticks 8gb each DDR4 DDR3
$49.99

DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix
$30.00

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00

Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8GB 16GB 32GB 1866MHz PC3-14900 Desktop RAM Memory DIMM
$85.00

SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory
$159.98