-
Knoppix Bootup Problems
I downloaded the Iso for Knoppix and Burn it to a CD when I go to boot into it everything seem fine I get the knoppix Splash screen and the boot: but when I hit enter I get this message something like
Uncompressing Linux...
Invaild Compression Format (err=1)
System Halted--
Could somebody tell me what I did wrong and How to fix it.
-
Offhand, I'd say the iso was scrambled a bit during either the burning or the downloading. For the former, check your buring software for a "compare" option, or just re-burn the CD. For the latter, use md5sum to check the .iso.
Similar Threads
-
By jjmerrill in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-21-2004, 01:13 AM
-
By Jaki in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-12-2004, 11:27 PM
-
By SS1337 in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-08-2003, 08:43 AM
-
By funtownarcade in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-10-2003, 11:51 PM
-
By loji in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-23-2003, 12:23 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Cherry W. Germany G80-0486H/05 Mechanical 25-Pin D-Sub Keyboard M8
$170.99

Vintage Computer - PC Innovation Intel 486DX2 - Dos Ver 6.2 Windows 3.1
$250.00

Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New
$75.00

Vintage HP Hewlett Packard 2112A 21MX 1000 M-Series 16-Bit Minicomputer
$419.99

Vintage Timbuk2 Crossbody Messenger Bag Forest Green/ Black Y2k USA Made
$85.00

Vintage cross Apple computer branded pen rainbow logo In original box
$100.00

Vintage Apple computer Cross Metal Ballpoint Pen Black Ink Gold Trim
$125.00

Vintage Microsoft Office 4.2 for Windows Original Floppy Disks & Manuals 1994
$119.99

ASUS A7V333 Vintage Motherboard | Untested | For Parts
$44.89

Vintage Toshiba Satellite 4090XDVD Intel Celeron 400Mhz Retro - Powers up Cards
$57.59