Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Slow Load and Running..........

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Minnesota, USA
    Posts
    4

    Slow Load and Running..........

    Hello All:
    Got a question. I downloaded and made a v3.3 disk. Boot into it and it goes real slow, both loading and running. I tried two different d-loads and discs. Then I found a v3.2. It loads and runs much faster. I am a newbie to linux and have been enjoying playing and learning with it. Any suggestions? My system is homebuilt: 1.4g t-bird, asus a7v133 mobo, 768m ram, 160g h-d, nvidia ti4200. Thank you, Brad.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Surabaya - Indonesia
    Posts
    28
    use cheatcode: "knoppix dma"

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Minnesota, USA
    Posts
    4
    Hello Again:
    I tried the cheatcode, no effect at all. So after some head scratching and beard stroking I tried the testcd cheatcode. Guess what, I had a bad ISO. I downloaded a third ISO from a different server and burned it again and now it works great. Thank you for your help, Brad. FYI: the bad ISOs came from two of the US http sites but I don't remember which ones.

Similar Threads

  1. knoppix will load, but after system starts, GUI wont load.
    By n()()dle in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-23-2004, 01:39 AM
  2. Good Grief!! Can't Load, Won't Load
    By Medicate in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-26-2004, 07:08 AM
  3. Running Knoppix in without the X Server running....
    By Raineri in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-24-2003, 10:46 PM
  4. Please Help Me Its SLOW!
    By CaffeineGamer in forum General Support
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-08-2003, 06:14 PM
  5. HELP!!!! SCSI Driver running SLOW!!!!!
    By roberto in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-31-2002, 04:25 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR3 Gamer Desktop RAM PC3 MIXED BRANDS VIPER VENGEANCE FURY picture

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR3 Gamer Desktop RAM PC3 MIXED BRANDS VIPER VENGEANCE FURY

$10.00



Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit picture

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit

$99.99



A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G picture

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G

$21.68



Crucial Laptop Ram 32GB (2x16GB) RAM DDR4 3200MHz CT16G4SFRA32A picture

Crucial Laptop Ram 32GB (2x16GB) RAM DDR4 3200MHz CT16G4SFRA32A

$119.99



32GB KIT - 2x SK Hynix 16GB 2Rx8 PC4-2666V DDR4 SODIMM Laptop Memory RAM picture

32GB KIT - 2x SK Hynix 16GB 2Rx8 PC4-2666V DDR4 SODIMM Laptop Memory RAM

$99.99



Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC picture

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC

$29.99



Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM  M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q picture

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q

$169.00



Samsung 16GB LPCAMM2 PC5 7500 DDR5 LPDDR5X CAMM2 M561K1LC4DM0-CCTGM RAM Memory picture

Samsung 16GB LPCAMM2 PC5 7500 DDR5 LPDDR5X CAMM2 M561K1LC4DM0-CCTGM RAM Memory

$189.00



SK Hynix 256GB (4x64GB) DDR4 3200MHz PC4-25600 ECC RDIMM 288-Pin Workstation RAM picture

SK Hynix 256GB (4x64GB) DDR4 3200MHz PC4-25600 ECC RDIMM 288-Pin Workstation RAM

$1950.00



RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED picture

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED

$445.00