-
knoppix.sh?
I have successfully re-mastered knoppix. What I want to do now is to distribute several copies of it as a trial to replace windows based desktops. The customer uses already a SuSE Linux machine as a server. No DHCP is running, all workstations have fixed ip addresses.
I look for a simple way to customise hostname, domainname, ipaddress, user home directory (on an nfs share on the server) etc. in such a way that I can use the re-mastered knoppix.
Where should the script to setup hostname, domainname, ipaddress etc. ideally go, so that I do not have to remaster for each instance?
I do not want to use any boot prompt, just put the cd into the machine and go.
I tried knoppix.sh and had not much success. The configuration settings get applied for some time, but once kde startup finishes, they are gone. So something is not quite right.
Thanks for any tips.
Peter
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00
$1619.19

G-Technology G-SPEED Studio XL 48TB Thunderbolt 2 Storage - Housing Only
$200.00

Broadcom MegaRAID 9480-8e Fujitsu PRAID EP540e SAS RAID Card (Replac 9380-8e) 8i
$228.00

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95

NVME M.2 Adapter Card PCIE X16 Splitter Expansion Controller 4-Disk Soft RAID
$24.43

Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board
$300.00

Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004
$649.99