I have successfully re-mastered knoppix. What I want to do now is to distribute several copies of it as a trial to replace windows based desktops. The customer uses already a SuSE Linux machine as a server. No DHCP is running, all workstations have fixed ip addresses.
I look for a simple way to customise hostname, domainname, ipaddress, user home directory (on an nfs share on the server) etc. in such a way that I can use the re-mastered knoppix.
Where should the script to setup hostname, domainname, ipaddress etc. ideally go, so that I do not have to remaster for each instance?
I do not want to use any boot prompt, just put the cd into the machine and go.
I tried knoppix.sh and had not much success. The configuration settings get applied for some time, but once kde startup finishes, they are gone. So something is not quite right.
Thanks for any tips.
Peter

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64
NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99
TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed
$199.99
Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99
TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99
TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern
$15.25
10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99
Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts
$69.00
D-Link DGS-1210-28P 28-Port PoE Gigabit Web Smart Switch With Cord
$49.99
HP ProCurve J9265A 6600-24XG 10GBE Layer3 Gigabit Switch w/ 2 x PSU
$180.20