I have successfully re-mastered knoppix. What I want to do now is to distribute several copies of it as a trial to replace windows based desktops. The customer uses already a SuSE Linux machine as a server. No DHCP is running, all workstations have fixed ip addresses.
I look for a simple way to customise hostname, domainname, ipaddress, user home directory (on an nfs share on the server) etc. in such a way that I can use the re-mastered knoppix.
Where should the script to setup hostname, domainname, ipaddress etc. ideally go, so that I do not have to remaster for each instance?
I do not want to use any boot prompt, just put the cd into the machine and go.
I tried knoppix.sh and had not much success. The configuration settings get applied for some time, but once kde startup finishes, they are gone. So something is not quite right.
Thanks for any tips.
Peter

Atari 1200 XL home computer with original owners guide and power supply power on
$255.00
Atari 400 / 800 Computer Memory Module 16K RAM PCB CX853 - Works Perfectly
$18.95
Atari 800XL Home Computer 64K RAM in Original Box 1984 Olympic Edition Untested
$149.99
Atari 1200XL Computer Game Console Vintage Rare FOR PARTS OR REPAIR READ
$270.00
Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99
atari 400 Upgraded 48k board & mpp-1100 working & Power Supply
$109.65
Broken Indus GT Floppy Disk Drive for Atari
$129.99
Atari 800XL 8-bit Home Computer Video Game System - **UNTESTED PARTS OR REPAIR**
$89.99
Atari 400 Home Computer System includes Power Cord G2U
$159.99
DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D
$49.29