-
Can't run vortex-diag which I compiled for my NIC
This program requires that it be run as a 'root' user.
I have found entries that mention 'sudo'. I have tried that to no avail. I have also given 'root' a password and doing the ctrl-alt-F1 ctrl-alt-F5 thing.
I can see the program with 'ls'. When in a "Konsole shell' it gives me that message. When I try it in a 'Root Shell' I can see the file with 'ls' but it says the command is not found'
The file is owned by 'knoppix' userid and has all of the authority bits on.
Can someone please assist me?
Thanks,
Charlie Patterson
-
check that the 'x' attributes are set with "ls -l".
do
sudo /full/path/to/command
as user knoppix.
or in the root shell
/full/path/to/command
it is not really neccessary to give the full path, you may also give the relative path. if the program is in the current (working) directory use "./command".
hmmm, hope this helps,
fred.
-
Can't run vortex-diag which I compiled for my NIC
Hello Fred,
The use of ./ program name worked just fine.
Thanks a lot,
Charlie Patterson
Similar Threads
-
By kepler in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-10-2004, 04:32 PM
-
By kepler in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-08-2004, 01:30 PM
-
By truefate in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-16-2004, 04:25 AM
-
By stelman in forum Ideas
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-05-2003, 03:54 PM
-
By Vermyndax in forum Ideas
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-28-2003, 10:05 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99

Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive
$35.00

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$269.10

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47

Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB
$282.00

LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s
$39.80

SAMSUNG FIT PLUS 128GB USB 3.1 Flash Drive - fully working & authentic
$24.95

FLASHFORGE 3D Printer AD5X Multi-Color IFS Auto Refill High Speed Printing US
$349.00