Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Can't run vortex-diag which I compiled for my NIC

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Fishkill, NY USA
    Posts
    7

    Can't run vortex-diag which I compiled for my NIC

    This program requires that it be run as a 'root' user.

    I have found entries that mention 'sudo'. I have tried that to no avail. I have also given 'root' a password and doing the ctrl-alt-F1 ctrl-alt-F5 thing.

    I can see the program with 'ls'. When in a "Konsole shell' it gives me that message. When I try it in a 'Root Shell' I can see the file with 'ls' but it says the command is not found'

    The file is owned by 'knoppix' userid and has all of the authority bits on.

    Can someone please assist me?

    Thanks,
    Charlie Patterson

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    2
    check that the 'x' attributes are set with "ls -l".

    do
    sudo /full/path/to/command
    as user knoppix.

    or in the root shell
    /full/path/to/command

    it is not really neccessary to give the full path, you may also give the relative path. if the program is in the current (working) directory use "./command".

    hmmm, hope this helps,
    fred.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Fishkill, NY USA
    Posts
    7

    Can't run vortex-diag which I compiled for my NIC

    Hello Fred,

    The use of ./ program name worked just fine.

    Thanks a lot,
    Charlie Patterson

Similar Threads

  1. C compiled files with Knoppix
    By kepler in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-10-2004, 04:32 PM
  2. Running compiled files
    By kepler in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-08-2004, 01:30 PM
  3. vortex 1 not supported?
    By truefate in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-16-2004, 04:25 AM
  4. Knoppix for PS2, compiled for MIPS
    By stelman in forum Ideas
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-05-2003, 03:54 PM
  5. Request for MPPE compiled in...
    By Vermyndax in forum Ideas
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-28-2003, 10:05 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch picture

Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch

$439.00



Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module picture

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module

$699.99



Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch picture

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch

$129.99



Cisco Catalyst C9120AXI-B Wi-Fi 6 Access Points picture

Cisco Catalyst C9120AXI-B Wi-Fi 6 Access Points

$30.00



NEW Cisco Meraki MS130-48P-HW 48-Port Gigabit PoE+ Cloud Manage Switch UNCLAIMED picture

NEW Cisco Meraki MS130-48P-HW 48-Port Gigabit PoE+ Cloud Manage Switch UNCLAIMED

$2999.99



Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch  W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords picture

Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords

$240.00



Cisco C9300-48UXM-A Switch 9300 Series 48-port UPoE Network picture

Cisco C9300-48UXM-A Switch 9300 Series 48-port UPoE Network

$874.99



Cisco C9200-48P-E Cisco POE Network Switch picture

Cisco C9200-48P-E Cisco POE Network Switch

$749.99



Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New picture

Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New

$101.99



Cisco XFP-10G-MM-SR 10G XFP Transceiver picture

Cisco XFP-10G-MM-SR 10G XFP Transceiver

$79.89