Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Boot question.

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    10

    Boot question.

    Right now I have one 40 gig HD, partitioned into 4 drives: 1 Win2k, 1 Win XP Pro, 1 Linux, and 1 Linux Swap. I want to get rid of Knoppix but everytime I format the Linux drives it screws up my MBR. I've searched the forums and have found how to fix this with only one Windozs partition but I want to uninstall Knop and have it where I can choose between my Win2k and Win XP Pro again. When I did format the drives LILO still loaded with the usual options but when I picked either one of my Windozs partitions it just didn't work. After that I reinstalled Knoppix and tried it again and it worked fine, but I'm stuck with Knoppix again. Please help me.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    colorado springs, colorado
    Posts
    1,933
    The answer is here

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    10
    Ah good. Thanks rick.

Similar Threads

  1. 3.8 question: Can't boot from Lilo
    By carfield in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-13-2005, 12:59 PM
  2. Boot up question
    By adamherb in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-02-2005, 04:07 PM
  3. important question (boot)
    By tfwarlord in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-05-2004, 02:25 AM
  4. Another non-boot question
    By neofile in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-22-2004, 01:21 AM
  5. Boot from HD question
    By oded in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-15-2004, 03:34 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Apple Computer cards VTG 670-8020-B  607-0103-C  607-0291-C AST -Orange Micro ++ picture

Apple Computer cards VTG 670-8020-B 607-0103-C 607-0291-C AST -Orange Micro ++

$169.00



Vintage Apple Monitor IIc 9

Vintage Apple Monitor IIc 9" Green Monochrome 06/1985 A2M4090 October 1984 Stand

$275.00



Vintage Apple II Avant-Garde Creations  Super Shape Draw And Animate 1981 picture

Vintage Apple II Avant-Garde Creations Super Shape Draw And Animate 1981

$295.00



Vintage Apple iBook G3 12.1” 500MHz 2001 Restored, SSD Upgraded Mac OS 9.2/OS X picture

Vintage Apple iBook G3 12.1” 500MHz 2001 Restored, SSD Upgraded Mac OS 9.2/OS X

$180.00



Vintage Apple Macintosh Performa 6300CD M3076 Powers On Chimes Untested As Is picture

Vintage Apple Macintosh Performa 6300CD M3076 Powers On Chimes Untested As Is

$99.00



Rare Vintage Macintosh Apple Wooden Disk Storage Box Dovetailed picture

Rare Vintage Macintosh Apple Wooden Disk Storage Box Dovetailed

$69.95



LARGE LOT Vintage Apple Macintosh Mouse Cables Accessories SCSI etc - UNTESTED picture

LARGE LOT Vintage Apple Macintosh Mouse Cables Accessories SCSI etc - UNTESTED

$80.00



Vintage Apple Rainbow Metal Case Emblem Logo rectangle picture

Vintage Apple Rainbow Metal Case Emblem Logo rectangle

$49.99



Vintage Apple Multiple Scan 15av Display Monitor M4681 picture

Vintage Apple Multiple Scan 15av Display Monitor M4681

$299.99



Apple cloth fabric banner iBook bondi blue orange NOS Vintage picture

Apple cloth fabric banner iBook bondi blue orange NOS Vintage

$99.00