Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: using knoppix hardware detection on debian

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    2

    using knoppix hardware detection on debian

    First of all, I'm a newbie so maybe this question sounds stupid but its worth a try. I downloaded Knoppix 3.0 and was pleasantly surprised to find that it detected all my hardware automatically. I have a Debian 3.0 R1 installation on my computer and I was wondering (since Knoppix is based on Debian) if there is any way to get the device drivers into my Debian system from the Knoppix CD. [/list]

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    120
    Debian 3.0 uses the 2.2x kernel by default, so its unlikely that the 2.4x kernel modules knoppix uses will work with a 2.2x kernel. If you are missing some kernel module drivers that you need, I suggest you get an up to date 2.4x kernel.

    What drivers do you need?

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    2
    I am actually using kernel 2.4. The drivers I need are for a Radeon G9000 64MB video card, and SB Audigy Gamer sound card. I was able to find a video driver but it depends on certain packages that are not on the debian CDs, or it needs a later version of the packages, I'm not sure.

Similar Threads

  1. Knoppix Hardware Detection in Debian
    By rnatalli02101 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-03-2004, 02:12 AM
  2. Source code used for Knoppix automatic hardware detection
    By Nikolay in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-15-2004, 04:34 PM
  3. Hardware detection
    By jcostello in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-24-2004, 01:33 AM
  4. Add special hardware to the hardware detection on boot
    By Danmak in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-01-2003, 03:40 AM
  5. knoppix hdinstall with hardware detection
    By Wouter in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-27-2003, 01:17 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray picture

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray

$39.99



Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A

$64.00



Seagate ST8000DM004 8TB 3.5

Seagate ST8000DM004 8TB 3.5" 6Gb/s 256MB SATA HDD P/N: 2CX188-300 Tested

$149.99



(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5

(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HARD DRIVE

$199.99



Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5

Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive

$14.99



HGST Ultrastar 7K4000 3TB 7200RPM SATA III 3.5

HGST Ultrastar 7K4000 3TB 7200RPM SATA III 3.5" Hard Drive HDD HUS724030ALA640

$39.99



HGST HUA723030ALA640 3TB SATA 7200 RPM 3.5 in Enterprise HDD | 0F14044 (100%) picture

HGST HUA723030ALA640 3TB SATA 7200 RPM 3.5 in Enterprise HDD | 0F14044 (100%)

$45.00



Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE picture

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE

$68.99



DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600

$49.95



Seagate Exos X16 ST12000NM001G 12TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5

Seagate Exos X16 ST12000NM001G 12TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6Gb/s Enterprise HDD

$349.95