-

Originally Posted by
turbinater
Sounds like everything is seriously screwed. If It was my machine, It would take me probably a week to work everything out.
TIP: After reinstalling, backup everything in etc. I go one further and back up every file I change, every package I install, and so on, on cd-r's every month or so.
Good idea! (backing up /etc) -- if the cdwriter package doesn't crash ;-(.
In the mean time, ftp.debian.org started responding, and I upgraded a ton of stuff,
(basically reinstalling KDE from scratch -- 3.1.4 -- which fixed nothing..
learned that if I turn off aRTs I get xmms back, and have reduced the problem to
that libpthread and kdecore.so.4 issue -- still pretty major.
I have tried compiling kdelibs4 from source via
dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot -uc -b
but after configuring just fine, it bombs due to a Xinerama(_pic) dependency
that I can't seem to eliminate..
Still looking for clues...
j.
Similar Threads
-
By spfitz in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-02-2005, 12:15 PM
-
By Mengha in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-11-2005, 06:46 PM
-
By Tomster in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-18-2004, 12:56 AM
-
By ravindra in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-14-2004, 03:59 PM
-
By bob58 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 7
Last Post: 05-16-2004, 08:57 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85

Knoppix NSM 1.2
$8.00

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM
$7.00

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$34.01