-
Internet connection Sharing
Hi, this is probally a easy one, but I was sitting here banging on my Dial up Internet connection and I started thinking. I don't have the proper hardware with me to try this right now, but I will on the next day I work, so any suggestions will be appriciated.
At work we have a Token Ring LAN running with the internet connection being a fractured T1. The server/clients are Windows NT. I can boot Knoppix and have Internet access on one of the workstations. The workstation machine that runs Knoppix has USB ports. I want to install a USB 10/100 NIC and run a crossover cable to my laptop so that my Laptop has Internet access (because right now my laptop has 28.8 dial up).
Can this be done? Easilly? Thanx for your help and advice.
-
Junior Member
registered user
Re: Internet connection Sharing
I think the "terminal server" option in Knoppix has DHCP and NAT.
You could just start that, hook up your laptop to the Knoppix machine and see if it works (don't boot via PXE though).
try: sudo /usr/sbin/knoppix-terminalserver
I take it your desktop PC has 2 NIC's, 1 to your LAN (with an internet connection) and 1 to your laptop (crosscable); be sure you have a connection to your LAN first, and also be sure to enter the correct NIC when you start the Terminal Server.
Similar Threads
-
By Jwizzman in forum Networking
Replies: 8
Last Post: 09-12-2004, 09:52 PM
-
By iisatrini in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-09-2004, 09:07 PM
-
By captaincourage in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-29-2003, 06:01 AM
-
By tealeaf in forum Networking
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-04-2003, 09:56 AM
-
By pfb in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-11-2003, 09:33 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99

TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed
$199.99

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99

TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597
$36.98

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64

Arista DCS-7050SX-64-R 48P 10GbE SFP+ 4P 40GbE QSFP+ RA Switch
$115.00

Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks
$224.95

5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play
$31.99