format the harddrive virual pc created, with ext3 or fat32 and then itll work
I boot from the knoppix 3.3 iso, inside Virtual PC 5.2. Everything goes perfect. I get to the KDE desktop. Now I have a Virtual HD 256 MB. It was meant only to store temporary files, home directory, and Live CD settings for future boot ups.
I am able to work in the KDE desktop, use any app, everything works fine. Now to the Problem I am having. I have an NVIDIA RIVA TNT 2 card. Sony CPD G220 Monitor. Those are both listed under card/monitor lists. The KDE desktop is in 8 bit color. I modify the settings so that it has the correct card/monitor. I also set it up to run in 1024x786 @ 24b.
I save the settings on /dev/hda1, which is an ext2 fs partition. I have created a home directory on /hda1. I have saved all my settings to it, as well as the default 30 MB Image of the home directory. To make it short, I have saved my settings without a problem. I can see the files on the disk.
Now I reboot for the changes to take effect. I type on Boot: knoppix myconfig=scan knoppix home=scan, and during the boot process it tells me of my video configuration it is using, and guess what, my settings don't get loaded. I tried saving on a floppy as well, no luck. What am I doing wrong. VPC works fine and Knoppix works fine except for this problem. When the KDE Desktop loads, it is again, in 8 bit color with a small resolution.
I could definitely use some help on the matter. Why do my settings not load. I so far have tried
knoppix myconfig=/mnt/hda1
knoppix myconfig=/dev/hda1
knoppix myconfig=scan
Please help me make it work.
Thank you for reading this far.![]()
format the harddrive virual pc created, with ext3 or fat32 and then itll work

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99
MSI B460m-Bomber LGA 1200 Intel 10th Gen B460 M-ATX Intel Motherboard
$59.99
*BENT PINS* ASUS TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi LGA 1700 ATX Intel Motherboard
$37.98
ASUS PRIME Z490-P ATX Intel LGA 1200 DDR4 4-DIMM M.2 HDMI Motherboard
$64.83
Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.90
ASRock B550M PRO4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
$76.49
GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99
MSI PRO Z790-P WIFI DDR4 LGA 1700 Intel Z790 SATA 6Gb/s DDR4 ATX Motherboard
$163.49
Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99
ASUS PRIME Z490-P LGA 1200 Intel Z490 SATA 6Gb/s ATX Intel Motherboard NEW
$121.45