Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: knoppix .config file

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    46

    knoppix .config file

    I'm running knoppix 3.2 but I installed kernel 2.4.22 (from kernel.org) with several patches.
    I compiled the kernel several times but since I started with a standard .config
    (when doing 'make xconfig'') , every time I have something working right, something else doesn;t work.
    Can enyboby send me the original .config file from knoppix 3.3 with 2.4.22 kernel , so that I have a good .config file to start from?

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479

    Re: knoppix .config file

    Quote Originally Posted by jackren
    I'm running knoppix 3.2 but I installed kernel 2.4.22 (from kernel.org) with several patches.
    I compiled the kernel several times but since I started with a standard .config
    (when doing 'make xconfig'') , every time I have something working right, something else doesn;t work.
    Can enyboby send me the original .config file from knoppix 3.3 with 2.4.22 kernel , so that I have a good .config file to start from?
    The old knoppix config should be /boot/config-2.4.22-xfs when using the make-kpkg it always includes the .config and installs it along with the kernel in /boot.

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    46
    I'm running knoppix 3.2 that comes with kernel2.4.20-xfs, I want to have the
    .config that comes with knoppix 3.3 with kernel 2.4.22-xfs

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479
    Quote Originally Posted by jackren
    I'm running knoppix 3.2 that comes with kernel2.4.20-xfs, I want to have the
    .config that comes with knoppix 3.3 with kernel 2.4.22-xfs
    Da! you can get it here sorry about that mis-read your first post, I will remove the file after you get it.

  5. #5
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    46
    oke, got it. thanks for quick response.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-01-2004, 07:58 PM
  2. K3.4 Config file not saved properly
    By zippix in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-12-2004, 11:36 PM
  3. apt-get not obeying /etc config file
    By lavaman094 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-16-2003, 07:30 AM
  4. Please Post a Simple CONFIG file for Kernel Config
    By bongski55 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-06-2003, 05:58 AM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-17-2003, 03:07 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage IDE Removable Hard Drive Mobile Rack 5.25 Bay 50-Pin Tray + Maxtor 40GB picture

Vintage IDE Removable Hard Drive Mobile Rack 5.25 Bay 50-Pin Tray + Maxtor 40GB

$49.99



Apple Macintosh Classic M1420 Vintage Desktop Computer Model Macintosh Classic picture

Apple Macintosh Classic M1420 Vintage Desktop Computer Model Macintosh Classic

$100.00



Vintage Computer - PC Innovation Intel 486DX2 - Dos Ver 6.2 Windows 3.1 picture

Vintage Computer - PC Innovation Intel 486DX2 - Dos Ver 6.2 Windows 3.1

$250.00



Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New picture

Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New

$75.00



Vintage IBM Model M Keyboard 1391401 Buckling Spring PS/2 Keyboard 1988 picture

Vintage IBM Model M Keyboard 1391401 Buckling Spring PS/2 Keyboard 1988

$200.00



Vintage Apple Pro Keyboard USB Mac M7803 **Used in box picture

Vintage Apple Pro Keyboard USB Mac M7803 **Used in box

$75.00



Vintage Philips CD-RW External Drive PCRW464k47 CDRW400 Series USB 2.0 Tested picture

Vintage Philips CD-RW External Drive PCRW464k47 CDRW400 Series USB 2.0 Tested

$35.00



Vintage Apple Keyboard II Model M0487 & G5431 Mouse UNTESTED AS-IS picture

Vintage Apple Keyboard II Model M0487 & G5431 Mouse UNTESTED AS-IS

$59.99



🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2112A 21MX M-SERIES 16-BIT MINICOMPUTER HP picture

🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2112A 21MX M-SERIES 16-BIT MINICOMPUTER HP

$299.99



Vintage Hewlett Packard HP 13181-60074 Circuit Card Assembly / Interface Board. picture

Vintage Hewlett Packard HP 13181-60074 Circuit Card Assembly / Interface Board.

$135.37